Autofire program

Spells, Skills and AA discussion

Autofire program

Postby Endo » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:02 am

Any of you still use the old autofire program we used to do for bow shooting?

I copied the files over to my new PC from my old machine, and now can't get the program/macro to work at all.

Not sure if it has to be zipped and installed or if just copy the file and past over will work. Maybe it is not compatible with Wins7, not sure.

Seems to work on my old computer still..running WinXP, but it was also downloaded and orginally installed on that comp.

Any ideas?
Endo
Pathfinder

Re: Autofire program

Postby Bolverkr » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:39 am

There's really no need for this program for purposes of firing a bow anymore, the built-in /autofire function works just fine. This program is still useful for purposes of extended foraging sessions. The file is a stand-alone executable, so there is no need to install/zip/whatever in order to get it to work. I have yet to try it on my Win7 machine, but as long as you run it as administrator, it should work fine.
Bolverkr, 95 Ranger, Shadows of The Grave
Kaisung, 95 Shaman, Shadows of The Grave
Yueamyen, 95 Enchanter, Shadows of The Grave
7th Hammer/Tunare/whatever they are calling it this week Server
Bolverkr
Ranger

Postby Khauruk » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:23 pm

Uhmm, /autofire still adds a 0.2 second delay to each shot on the bow. Using the program, I get 8% better bow dps on an ~140ms ping connection.

And yeah, it should work on Win7, just keep playing around or re-download it.
Khauruk
Ranger

Postby hatsee » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:13 pm

I found that using it made casting harder so I stopped.

You used to be able to google it and it would be in the top searches but it isn't anymore, never did save the site it was on but I can set my keyboard or mouse to do the same thing now so I hardly care.
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1432623
hatsee
Plainswalker

Postby Khauruk » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:32 pm

hatsee wrote:I found that using it made casting harder so I stopped.

You had it spamming a number key, I assume? I had that problem, then I set it to spam Scroll Lock, and mapped scroll lock to trigger the same hotkey as ranged attack. Problem solved.

You used to be able to google it and it would be in the top searches but it isn't anymore, never did save the site it was on but I can set my keyboard or mouse to do the same thing now so I hardly care.

I can e-mail it to anybody or perhaps post it somewhere if they want. Just PM me.
Khauruk
Ranger

Postby Endo » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:06 pm

Well, there are purposes for the program still :) in addition, it adds some dps while bowing, at least until sony gets rid of its built in delay.

If anyone has the downlad link, please PM it to me. I can't find a link anymore.

For the record, I get it to launch and get the autofire window, just doesn't seem to want to work (won't spam the key I want). I'm using "F" function keys. maybe i'll try some other keys. whatever reason, just not working for me.

Thx.
Endo
Pathfinder

Postby hatsee » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:36 pm

Khauruk wrote:
hatsee wrote:I found that using it made casting harder so I stopped.

You had it spamming a number key, I assume? I had that problem, then I set it to spam Scroll Lock, and mapped scroll lock to trigger the same hotkey as ranged attack. Problem solved.

I can e-mail it to anybody or perhaps post it somewhere if they want. Just PM me.

Hmm, I forget the exact key but I don't think it was a number key. Reason being if I hit enter while spamming I didn't want to have 5,000 characters to delete.

I can give this a shot though, not that lag on raids these days makes this seem like a good idea.
hatsee
Plainswalker

Postby Gladare » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:40 pm

hatsee wrote:Hmm, I forget the exact key but I don't think it was a number key. Reason being if I hit enter while spamming I didn't want to have 5,000 characters to delete.

Shift + down. Enter.
Gladare
Pathfinder

Postby hatsee » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:32 pm

Well yes I know that, but I like to talk while burning.
hatsee
Plainswalker

Postby Tarvas » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:17 pm

hatsee wrote:Well yes I know that, but I like to talk while burning.

Ditto. If wanted to play a game where I couldn't interact with anyone else I'd bust out the Nintendo and save myself the 15 bucks a month plus internet connection.
Alan

Tarvas
Pathfinder

Postby Gladare » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:30 pm

yea, being able to give directions while burning is a bonus.
Gladare
Pathfinder

Postby vinx » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:40 am

There are ways to make it not spam ever into chat. Nothing worse than saying 444444444444 to your raid over and over or something.

My setup is to use the autofire.exe to bang on Num7 on the number pad (toggled on and off with another key, I use the num - key up in the corner). I believe then my alternate key on the options page for Hotbutton 9 is Num7. The annoying cost of that is that I have Ranged attack in EVERY hotbar's 9th slot, which yes eats up 10 keys just so I can toggle autofire.

I suppose now that they gave us 2 extra hotbutton keys for - and = I could move it to hot button 11 or 12, but I'm used to it where it is at this point. I only have one bank of keys where the 9th slot isn't range attack, and that one's a /corpsedrop command, so it doesn't hurt anything if I flip across that page normally. The other 9 hotbutton pages all just keep firing the bow while I cast spells or chat etc.

With it set like this you can play as normal with basically a 'full auto' button for when you want to reduce delay slightly.

Vinx
Grey Horizon, E'ci/Tunare
vinx
Ranger

Postby calian » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:38 pm

I can't find autofire the old program anywhere .... could anyone email me a link .. calianee@yahoo.com

thanks )))
calian
Ranger

Return to Askr's Accuracy