Aristo New Spell/Ability Idea Thread

Spells, Skills and AA discussion

Aristo New Spell/Ability Idea Thread

Postby Tadenea » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:59 am

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/inde ... on.200948/

Link can be buggy so if it dont work you may have to go to main forums and go to beta forums from there

This thread is for everyone to post ideas for new spells or abilities for your class. This can be as simple as "Bring back spell X at current levels," or as complicated as something like Blezon's Recourse. Provide as much information as you can about how the spell would work functionally and what role it would help your class fulfill. Always always always include your class in a suggestion! Thanks.

Remember, this thread is for posting and archiving ideas ONLY. Do not discuss ideas in this thread! Use the discussion thread for discussion and leave the idea thread for ideas! If enough people forget how this works, I'm going to have to close both of them.

Here's a suggested format. You don't have to follow this exactly, but it gives you an idea of what I'm looking for.

Class: - The class(es) you intend to use this ability.
Ability Name: - A name is always nice
Description: - A description of what you want the ability to do
Mechanics: - A description of how you want the ability to work (if not obvious from the description). Includes things like timers or duration.
Purpose: - The purpose behind the ability. The class role you're trying to fulfill, the weakness you're trying to shore up, etc.
Potential Problems: - Those tricky things that may come up in this implementation.
Tadenea the Quester
Bunny Ranger
Tadenea
Community Leader

Re: Aristo New Spell/Ability Idea Thread

Postby Ladas » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:42 am

Is the beta open to everyone, because both of these threads you have linked are in the HoF Beta forum.
Ladas
University Professor

Postby deadman1204 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:04 am

i cant follow these links. But I thought that there wasn't going to be new spells/aas for t4
deadman1204
Ranger

Postby Tadenea » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:30 am

Link was little buggy to me because of how it almost requires you to log in every time you go to board.
Its listed in Beta forums (I updated first post with description)
If you were in any of the previous beta Rain of Fear, Shadow of Fear your in this one

correct no new spells coming except for a few which will not be tied to this expansion

The following spells are going to be released for all players (whether they own Rain of Fear or not) with the release of Heart of Fear.

New single-target cure updates:
These are updates to the standard lines of single-target cures. They cast a lot faster and cure a lot more. This is something I've had on my to-do list for a while but finally bubbled up. They'll be available in the Plane of Knowledge, Firiona Vie, Abysmal Sea, Dragonscale Hills, and Sunderock Springs.
21398 - Eradicate Poison - Removes 30x2 poison counters from the target. Available for CLE (52), PAL (64), RNG (76), DRU (58), SHM (56), and BST (76).
21399 - Eradicate Disease - Removes 30x2 disease counters from the target. Available for CLE (58), PAL (71), RNG (76), DRU (58), SHM (52), NEC (66), and BST (66).
21400 - Eradicate Curse - Removes 30x2 curse counters from the target. Available for CLE (69), PAL (75), DRU (69), and SHM (69).

New AE Resurrection spells:
These are updates to the existing Reviviscence spell that's been around since Kunark. This is a relatively new code change so we're testing it out for now. Please try them with as many different (dead) people as possible, because we haven't been able to test with anything but a very good internal connection so far. If they don't do Terrible things they'll be available on vendors in the Plane of Knowledge, the Undershore, Sunderock Springs, and Dragonscale Hills.
1342 - Larger Reviviscence - CLR (61) - up to 4 corpses
1344 - Greater Reviviscence - CLR (66) - up to 14 corpses
1345 - Eminent Reviviscence - CLR (71) - up to 28 corpses
1346 - Superior Reviviscence - CLR (76) - up to 56 corpses
These spells all require you to be in rest mode and have very long cast times.

those currently in testing especially AE Rez
Tadenea the Quester
Bunny Ranger
Tadenea
Community Leader

Postby Underbrush » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:25 pm

We still have nothing that touches curse counters right? I kind of hoped that would have changed in the past few years but I never thought to check.
Underbrush
Huntsmaster, Knight of Tunare
Member of Clan Ta'Veren of Rathe-Prexus-Thule

Underbrush
Forest Stalker

Postby hatsee » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:30 pm

We can do 15 curse counters, we can't touch corruption though.
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1432623
hatsee
Plainswalker

Postby Astroshak » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:21 pm

Those two single cures will be twice as strong as Herbal Balm, in terms of curing whatever they cure.

Herbal Balm is 15x2 Disease, 15x2 Poison, 15 Curse, and a Heal. I am not sure that there are times when I would want to load up one of those 30x2 Disease or Poison cures.
Astroshak
Huntmaster

Postby Shartan » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:01 pm

Not sure why we can't just get Herbal Balm upgraded with the improved poison and disease counters. Anyways, I have submitted an idea for a new slow for us as follows:

Class: - Ranger
Ability Name: - Kyv Strike
Description: - Add Defensive Proc: Heartstop Trigger
Inhibit Melee Attacks by (40%), Increase Poison Counter by 25, Decrease Hitpoints by 500 per tick for up to 6 seconds, Hate Generated: 1700
Mechanics: - The ability imbues your weapons with the rage of the kyv for 30 minutes, allowing them a chance to strike with Heartstop. Immediately following a successful strike, there is a chance that the blow will inhibit melee attacks for a brief time of 2 minutes while also generating hatred in the mob attacked.
Purpose: - To once again give rangers the ability to inhibit melee attacks and generate hate for tanking in current group content. Earthcaller is outdated and is less useful than resources available to other classes like Hammer of the War machine (tank weapon) and Myrmidon's Sloth XVII (rogue poison).
Potential Problems: - Proper testing will ensure the spell is a viable tool that's also not overpowering to rest of community
Shartan
Ranger

Postby Underbrush » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:58 am

How well do you think this would fly as a new AA idea -

Recovered Mana - Each level grants a specific amount of mana that you respawn with after resurrection.
Recovered Stamina (for yellow mana types) - Each level grants a specific amount of Stamina that you respawn with after resurrection.

Level 1 has a huge cost, maybe as much as 25 AA but grants like 10% of your pool, each level grants 1% more.
Underbrush
Huntsmaster, Knight of Tunare
Member of Clan Ta'Veren of Rathe-Prexus-Thule

Underbrush
Forest Stalker

Postby Shang » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:36 am

They have no clue what they're doing.

[40117/11550] Ro's Burning Cloak
Classes: RNG/97
Skill: Abjuration
Mana: 451
Target: Self
Beneficial: Blockable
Casting: 4.5s, Recast: 1.5s, Quiet: 1.5s
Duration: 36m (360 ticks), Extend: Yes
9: Add Defensive Proc: Ro's Burning Gaze [Spell 40120] with 400% Rate Mod
Text: You surround yourself in a burning cloak of flame.

[40118/11550] Ro's Burning Cloak Rk. II
Mana: 469
9: Add Defensive Proc: Ro's Burning Gaze II [Spell 40121] with 400% Rate Mod

[40119/11550] Ro's Burning Cloak Rk. III
Mana: 488
9: Add Defensive Proc: Ro's Burning Gaze III [Spell 40122] with 400% Rate Mod

[40120] Ro's Burning Gaze
Target: Single
Range: 200
Resist: Fire -200
Casting: 0s, Recast: 6s
Duration: 60s (10 ticks)
4: Decrease ATK by 55
6: Decrease AC by 18
7: Decrease Fire Resist by 55
10: Decrease ATK by 91
Text: You are surrounded by burning flames.

[40121] Ro's Burning Gaze II
Resist: Fire -210
4: Decrease ATK by 58
6: Decrease AC by 19
7: Decrease Fire Resist by 58
10: Decrease ATK by 93

[40122] Ro's Burning Gaze III
Resist: Fire -225
4: Decrease ATK by 60
6: Decrease AC by 20
7: Decrease Fire Resist by 60
10: Decrease ATK by 95

[40123/11522] Pureshot Discipline
Classes: RNG/100
Skill: Offense
Endurance: 0, Upkeep: 28 per tick
Casting: 0s, Recast: 67.5m, Timer: 1
Duration: 2m (20 ticks), Extend: Yes
Dispellable: No
Hate: 1
1: Increase Skill Check for Archery by 21%
2: Increase Archery Damage by 183%
Text: Your bow crackles with natural energy.

[40124/11522] Pureshot Discipline Rk. II
Endurance: 0, Upkeep: 25 per tick
1: Increase Skill Check for Archery by 21%
2: Increase Archery Damage by 185%

[40125/11522] Pureshot Discipline Rk. III
Endurance: 0, Upkeep: 26 per tick
1: Increase Skill Check for Archery by 22%
2: Increase Archery Damage by 188%
As you correctly surmised, you were indeed permanently suspended for the following comment in the Shahrazad thread:

“Their Clerics are all lovely people with no temper, and impeccable skill at EverQuest.”
Shang
Ranger

Postby Tadenea » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:17 am

first time I see them here but then again Dev posted
Prathun Said in Beta forums "There are no new spells / AAs for the Call of the Forsaken: Hate Rising."

Previous archery disc
Bullseye Discipline Rk. III Increase Archery Skill Check by 21%
Bullseye Discipline Increase Archery Skill Check by 20%
Bullseye Discipline Rk. II Increase Archery Skill Check by 20%
Sureshot Discipline Rk. III Increase Archery Skill Check by 19%
Sureshot Discipline Increase Archery Skill Check by 18%
Sureshot Discipline Rk. II Increase Archery Skill Check by 18%
Aimshot Discipline Rk. II Increase Archery Skill Check by 15%
Aimshot Discipline Rk. III Increase Archery Skill Check by 15%
Aimshot Discipline Increase Archery Skill Check by 14%
Trueshot Discipline Increase Archery Skill Check by 12%

Bullseye Discipline Rk. III Increase Archery Damage Modifier by 183%
Bullseye Discipline Rk. II Increase Archery Damage Modifier by 174%
Sureshot Discipline Rk. III Increase Archery Damage Modifier by 166%
Bullseye Discipline Increase Archery Damage Modifier by 166%
Sureshot Discipline Rk. II Increase Archery Damage Modifier by 159%
Sureshot Discipline Increase Archery Damage Modifier by 151%
Aimshot Discipline Rk. III Increase Archery Damage Modifier by 135%
Aimshot Discipline Rk. II Increase Archery Damage Modifier by 129%
Aimshot Discipline Increase Archery Damage Modifier by 123%
Trueshot Discipline Increase Archery Damage Modifier by 105%
Tadenea the Quester
Bunny Ranger
Tadenea
Community Leader

Postby Falos » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:58 am

Yeah I saw those new ranger spells in the spell data and was a bit surprised, i mean I know they are probably going to be part of tier 2a but still. They've worked very hard to make melee better than archery in 95 percent of all situations in the last like 2 expansions but not they are diverting focus back to archery..

Which is fine BUT that new archery disc is a baby tier increase over the house of thule one. The rank 2 level 100 disc is only a 3 percent boost over the rank 3 from HoT (which is boxable to obtain) and the new rank 3 one is a slight boost over that but with 1 percent higher archery check (hurray for headshot against level 88 mobs i guess? lol?)
'
Giving rangers a new archery disc isn't necessarily a bad thing but it really should be put on a separate re-use timer and/or drastically upped in power, the slight boost to power is not going to be useful at all really to raid ranger over their melee discs now.

As for the self buff defensive proc.. it's really not all that great BUT compared to a lot of the things other classes are getting it's one of the better 'bad' abilities. Certainly better than the new mage cauldron :p
Falos
Ranger

Postby Tadenea » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:40 pm

least defensive proc will be something I can see having on all the time especially when soloing, dont see much for stacking issues which is nice
400% proc rate with duration about 1hour or so with focus
makes me wonder if they are going to add a Cold Base version down the road with maybe Fatigue type slow :P
on positive note these are not due till maybe Part 3 so maybe give plenty of time to feedback if we can mess around with them in part 2 beta
Tadenea the Quester
Bunny Ranger
Tadenea
Community Leader

Postby Gladare » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:11 am

The pureshot disc is a slap in the face. I guess it was thrown in so we can't say we haven't seen an upgrade in 3 expansions? I'm on my phone so I can't bring up comparisons but obviously no other dps class has been stagnated to such a large and absurd degree.

The defensive proc looks interesting as an aggro tool. The hate generated from the debuff procs should be noticeable. The debuff itself is meh.

I wish I were creative enough to come up with a decent idea myself lol.
Gladare
Pathfinder

Postby Gladare » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:30 pm

I was thinking we could change up the Ro spell to make it more appealing. Change it to Karana's Ward. Make it proc Karana's Smite. Karana's Smite would decrease fire resist by 55, cold resist 55, and inhibit melee attacks by 25%. Get rid of the debuffs that would take hours of parsing to even determine their usefulness. Text could be something like Sosandso spasms. Description could read your target is struck by lightning, breaking down their elemental resistances. Additionally, the electricity decreases their ability to control their limbs. I think we could use a defensive boost to help our 4th tank role as well as maintain our role as the offensive tank choice by debuffing their resists. The 25% slow isn't much, but it could make a difference while still leaving proper slowing to other classes.

I think it's time to boost our 30 sec recast nukes which fits with the defensive proc above. There needs to be a reason they have a 30 second cooldown. I mean summer's does the same exact damage as both of them and has no cool down. That doesn't make any sense. I'm thinking boost both of them to wizard ethereal level damage, but keep the resist check at 0. That makes these nukes impractical to use outside of burns, GoM procs, or when the mob is properly debuffed via either our own proc or malo. Also, I don't want them to be tuned to be inefficient. Just scaled up to match the 30 second recharge. It wouldn't be a bad time to restart the naming process either. Fire Blast and Ice Blast come to mind. We gather the forces of the elements for 30 seconds to be able to release them in one large blast. This way we get to keep the 0.5 second cast time.

I'm not really the idea type, so I wouldn't mind any criticism whether to improve the ideas or shoot them down.
Gladare
Pathfinder

Next

Return to Askr's Accuracy