New granted AAs

Spells, Skills and AA discussion

New granted AAs

Postby Althalonas » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:09 am

This is probably going to seem very stupid, but as a relatively recent returner I have missed a lot.

Since the recent grant of AAs I now have a bunch of new abilities, I had to add a new hot bar to accommodate them all.

My problem now is that I am not sure how best to use them all. I am used to AAs that have long recast times and you save for when you need extra DPS for burning a raid mob down. Is it now best to just activate these new AAs whenever they are available?

Specific examples are:
Outrider's Attack
Outrider's Accuracy
Frost Arrows
Fire Arrows
Auspice
Guardian of the Forest

As I say this may be obvious but I would really appreciate the advice. Getting a grip on this with Althalonas is one thing but my wizard seems to now have hundreds of hot buttons.

Thanks in advance.
Ex-Silent Watch (Karana), Ex-Paralax (Karana), Ex-Riot (Venril Sathir).
Now back in action and wondering where everyone he ever knew went!
Althalonas
Ranger

Re: New granted AAs

Postby deadman1204 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:34 am

when grouping, I click my cooldowns as soon as they pop.
With hastening, they come back quickly. And the continual use really does increase your dps over time.

Otherwise, you end up never using all those dps boosts waiting for the named that might not even spawn.
deadman1204
Ranger

Re: New granted AAs

Postby Shang » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:39 pm

I keep them greyed out in groups as well. There's no reason not to.
As you correctly surmised, you were indeed permanently suspended for the following comment in the Shahrazad thread:

“Their Clerics are all lovely people with no temper, and impeccable skill at EverQuest.”
Shang
Ranger

Return to Askr's Accuracy