Headshot rate is garbage

Spells, Skills and AA discussion

Re: Headshot rate is garbage

Postby TellidanThefalconeer » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:00 am

I am very saddened by the HS nerf.
I mean, in game my title is "Hunter", Rangers live in the woods and live off the land.
It just doesn't make sense that only one arrow in (I'm just pulling a number out of the sky) 70 can hit its target in the head, especially at 15' range. I also don't understand how we can HS an Iksar or a Drachnid, or a Goblin but not a Rabbit or a Lion or a Snake.

If that is the case we are not very good at being Rangers.

Also, what is the BEST way to kill a zombie?
You shoot it in the head.
I'm just saying...

I prefer to melee and am not asking HS or Bow to be our primary DPS tool but the restrictions are now ridiculous IMHO.
TellidanThefalconeer
Ranger

Postby Tarvas » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:06 am

I hate this change because are still going to be balanced around headshot and it is just annoying. Better to completely wipe out headshot or only make it work on greens or greys. Unfortunately that ship has already sailed.
Alan

Tarvas
Pathfinder

Postby Arvarien_MT » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:12 pm

Hmmm...I haven't logged in here in ages. Just started playing again, so...

I didn't care for the HS change or its new proc rate...but anecdotally it seems to be firing *more* often for me now (no actual log checks to prove that, of course), and I'm group geared, nowhere near raid geared. /shrug I didn't depend on it, it was a fun thing to goof off with.

I agree with removing the Humanoid restriction.
Arvarien_MT
Ranger

Postby deadman1204 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:58 pm

naw, it fires WAY less
deadman1204
Ranger

Postby RaptourMT » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:38 pm

The ROI ranger douchebags and their pocket devs have done alot of damage to the class practically destroying it for the casual player.
RaptourMT
Ranger

Postby deadman1204 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:42 am

Risk on Investment? huh?

I'm not raiding, but I'd say rangers are in a better spot group wise than raid wise. With the level of hastening we have on our burn skills, you can almost always keep something going. With all these burn abilities that have a 5 min reuse time, rangers really only need haste to tear things up. They are no where as dependant on other classes do pump their dps.
Just Guardian of the Forest and Outriders Accuracy alone leave you at 65% damage increase for 3 out of 5 minutes
Plus with fluster/blusterbolt, a good fast heal, and other tools, rangers can be amazing.
deadman1204
Ranger

Postby Shang » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:07 am

RaptourMT wrote:The ROI ranger douchebags and their pocket devs have done alot of damage to the class practically destroying it for the casual player.

Trust me, I would love to eviscerate the casual ranger from playing this class. Then I could at least hold a conversation with people without having them threaten to commit suicide.

But alas, I need your parses to warrant getting dps increases for the class. It's terrible being stuck between needs and desires.
As you correctly surmised, you were indeed permanently suspended for the following comment in the Shahrazad thread:

“Their Clerics are all lovely people with no temper, and impeccable skill at EverQuest.”
Shang
Ranger

Postby Underbrush » Fri May 09, 2014 1:20 pm

Maybe it is just a lucky run with the random number generator but the last few days it has sucked slightly less. I've gotten more HS hits on blue cons.
Underbrush
Huntsmaster, Knight of Tunare
Member of Clan Ta'Veren of Rathe-Prexus-Thule

Underbrush
Forest Stalker

Postby Shang » Sat May 10, 2014 4:31 pm

Underbrush wrote:Maybe it is just a lucky run with the random number generator but the last few days it has sucked slightly less. I've gotten more HS hits on blue cons.

I was actually thinking the same thing. Still going to toss it up to the RNG, but has been fun.
As you correctly surmised, you were indeed permanently suspended for the following comment in the Shahrazad thread:

“Their Clerics are all lovely people with no temper, and impeccable skill at EverQuest.”
Shang
Ranger

Postby Valiantt » Mon May 12, 2014 7:36 pm

deadman1204 wrote:Probably woulda been better if HS, decap, and assassinate were all just removed from game.

Amen. For as long as I can remember I have felt/thought/preached Archeries only divided the Devs attention on our DPS between melee and archery to the point neither was where it should be if the other was gone. HS seemed to me to only increase the bow lovers hopes that it would be a viable DPS option, and extended the community asking for archery increases to the possible detriment of a focus on melee.

Not that my opinion means much, but the more and quicker Archery fades the happier I will be as it will help the Devs focus on developing melee rather than dividing emphasis between the two.

Val
Disciples of the Rising Fire
Luclin
Click Pic to see Val's Stuff
Valiantt
Pathfinder

Postby roughone » Tue May 13, 2014 4:45 am

Valiantt wrote:
deadman1204 wrote:Probably woulda been better if HS, decap, and assassinate were all just removed from game.

Amen. For as long as I can remember I have felt/thought/preached Archeries only divided the Devs attention on our DPS between melee and archery to the point neither was where it should be if the other was gone. HS seemed to me to only increase the bow lovers hopes that it would be a viable DPS option, and extended the community asking for archery increases to the possible detriment of a focus on melee.

Not that my opinion means much, but the more and quicker Archery fades the happier I will be as it will help the Devs focus on developing melee rather than dividing emphasis between the two.

Val

Well Said
roughone
Ranger

Postby Schadenfreude » Tue May 13, 2014 7:06 am

Valiantt wrote:
deadman1204 wrote:Not that my opinion means much, but the more and quicker Archery fades the happier I will be as it will help the Devs focus on developing melee rather than dividing emphasis between the two.

Val

Expect to be disappointed.

Schadenfreude
Shakespeare

Postby Underbrush » Fri May 16, 2014 3:49 pm

The rate does seem to be slightly better, although rare is the time it goes off using actual archery.
Underbrush

Underbrush
Forest Stalker

Postby Arvarien_MT » Tue May 27, 2014 2:24 pm

Underbrush wrote:The rate does seem to be slightly better, although rare is the time it goes off using actual archery.

Agree, I find it hits more often with casting the focused arrow line (rather than the Hail). I'm getting a proc every 2nd mob (kyv/noc) in Old Bloodfields, it seems.
Arvarien_MT
Ranger

Postby Underbrush » Thu May 29, 2014 4:27 am

Usually we're talking about basically a spell critical. Headshot goes off if we can channel a cast of two long refresh spells, in that respect it is far more inferior to the other two similar disciplines. Yes, it can go off if you are just doing a root/shoot but since they are summon happy and about 50% of mobs over level 50 summon you are really going to only see it on spell casts.
Underbrush

Underbrush
Forest Stalker

Previous

Return to Askr's Accuracy