Spells, Skills and AA discussion

WTB Empowered Blades fade msg

Postby Arynquad » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:36 pm

Paying 0 pp - it should be free : |
Arynquad
Ranger

Re: WTB Empowered Blades fade msg

Postby Tarvas » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:40 am

Yeah, would be nice to tie that to a audio trigger instead of having to keep an eye on it when there is so many other things going on.
Alan

Tarvas
Pathfinder

Postby Shang » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:28 pm

I use GINA and a timer, but yeah.
As you correctly surmised, you were indeed permanently suspended for the following comment in the Shahrazad thread:

“Their Clerics are all lovely people with no temper, and impeccable skill at EverQuest.”
Shang
Ranger

Postby Tarvas » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:50 am

Ask Eldiroth about it. He said he would definitely take a look at it post launch. Hopefully it doesn't get lost in the shuffle.
Alan

Tarvas
Pathfinder

Postby Arynquad » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:15 pm

Tarvas wrote:Ask Eldiroth about it. He said he would definitely take a look at it post launch. Hopefully it doesn't get lost in the shuffle.

Nice, thanks!

You know, come to think of it, we're also missing trigger text for when Inspired Effect activates... would be great if that got put in as well.

Shang wrote:I use GINA and a timer, but yeah.

I use GTT with self-recorded .wav clips ... haven't used timers, though I prolly should - seemed kinda clunky last I messed around with them. Is GINA far superior to gtt?
Arynquad
Ranger

Postby Shang » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:03 am

Gina is far superior to GTT, yes.

You can instantly convert all of your GTTs to Gina, too.

GINA is harder to initially setup, and the triggers take 4 more seconds per to set up... but their power once they are setup is amazing.

Gina is far more organized in triggers, as well.
As you correctly surmised, you were indeed permanently suspended for the following comment in the Shahrazad thread:

“Their Clerics are all lovely people with no temper, and impeccable skill at EverQuest.”
Shang
Ranger

Postby hatsee » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:56 am

Shang send me your Gina triggers because I don't know how to set it up.
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1432623
hatsee
Plainswalker

Postby Arynquad » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:07 am

Rather than start yet another thread... hoping to discuss EB duration.

It is listed as "5 ticks", which is 30s. Eyeballing the buff icon as it appears, I typically get 32-33s... but sometimes as low as 29s. However, I'm hearing of others occasionally getting upwards to 45s. That's a huge friggin variance, esp for something as potent as EB. Are these inconsistencies a bug, or have I been overlooking something crucial? It doesn't seem to have to do with Beneficial Duration focus via back slot, so /boggle
Arynquad
Ranger

Postby Poote » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:10 am

Not to sidetrack this but with Gina, is their a way to kill timers that expire, without re-starting gina?

I have an event time for arx3, slow timers, and snare timers that don't fade when mob dies or event fails.
-= WARNING: This Web site contains material which may cause thinking =-
Karian_RoI wrote: Add Melee Proc: Poote's Spite(700ddproc 200 heal recourse)
Poote
Outrider

Postby Shang » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:50 pm

Poote wrote:Not to sidetrack this but with Gina, is their a way to kill timers that expire, without re-starting gina?

I have an event time for arx3, slow timers, and snare timers that don't fade when mob dies or event fails.

For event fail - Find out what the phrase the zone gets when it fails. Use that as a stop trigger phrase

I'm not sure on the mob dying... Might be able to jimmy rig something with regular expressions.

Shang
Ranger

Postby Arynquad » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:05 pm

Arynquad wrote:Rather than start yet another thread... hoping to discuss EB duration.

It is listed as "5 ticks", which is 30s. Eyeballing the buff icon as it appears, I typically get 32-33s... but sometimes as low as 29s. However, I'm hearing of others occasionally getting upwards to 45s. That's a huge friggin variance, esp for something as potent as EB. Are these inconsistencies a bug, or have I been overlooking something crucial? It doesn't seem to have to do with Beneficial Duration focus via back slot, so /boggle

/bump ^

Thoughts about EB duration would be appreciated.
Arynquad
Ranger

Postby Orienn » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:39 pm

I have actually gotten between 30-45 sec with no real reasoning why. I don't know much about Gina, but I'm kind of curious if you can make an activation trigger on it with a timer?
Orienn
Ranger

Postby Arynquad » Fri May 01, 2015 10:00 am

You'd think an unexplainable duration variance upwards of 50% - for one of our most potent abilities - would elicit a bit more discussion. I am disappoint.
Arynquad
Ranger

Postby Shang » Fri May 01, 2015 12:36 pm

Arynquad wrote:You'd think an unexplainable duration variance upwards of 50% - for one of our most potent abilities - would elicit a bit more discussion. I am disappoint.

The phantom tick isn't a new issue. Probably won't be changed any time soon. Sorry.

Shang
Ranger

Postby Arynquad » Fri May 01, 2015 2:42 pm

^ all good, thanks. certainly not gonna kick an occasional 1-2 extra ticks of EB out of bed... I just wanted to make sure its duration is 100% beyond our control.
Arynquad
Ranger

Next

Return to Askr's Accuracy