Gladestriders Leap

Spells, Skills and AA discussion

Gladestriders Leap

Postby Randragon » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:21 am

On Test, soon to be live:

- Ranger - Created a new AA ability called "Gladestrider's Leap". It is available starting at level 85 from the Underfoot expansion.
- Ranger - All ranks of the Journeyman's Speed ability now reduce the re-use time for Gladestrider's Leap.

Anybody on Test that can try this out?
Randragon
Ranger

Re: Gladestriders Leap

Postby Shang » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:28 am

Sweet baby jesus
As you correctly surmised, you were indeed permanently suspended for the following comment in the Shahrazad thread:

“Their Clerics are all lovely people with no temper, and impeccable skill at EverQuest.”
Shang
Ranger

Postby Randragon » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:06 am

And all the Saint's that are Holy!
Randragon
Ranger

Postby Schadenfreude » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:36 am

Randragon wrote:On Test, soon to be live:

- Ranger - Created a new AA ability called "Gladestrider's Leap". It is available starting at level 85 from the Underfoot expansion.
- Ranger - All ranks of the Journeyman's Speed ability now reduce the re-use time for Gladestrider's Leap.

Anybody on Test that can try this out?

The Lord giveth and the Lord also giveth others more.
Beastlords gain more melee DPS from the new passive melee buff in the same patch (compared to Monks and Rangers.)

Schadenfreude
Shakespeare

Postby Noobi-wan » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:31 pm

Edit:

Along with the leap we have an AA called Innate Natureblade 17 ranks that increases all of our melee damage by 66% now on test.
Noobi-wan
Ranger

Postby Greyvvolf » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:19 pm

Exactly like I posted on the EQ Forums earlier today (and ironically in response to Randragon, too :P )

Gladestrider's Leap - Rank 1/1 (cost me 6 AA)
- "Causes you to momentarily become one with nature, allowing you to leap forward in the blink of an eye."

Has a 30 second base reuse time on it, and works the same way as say Cheetah's Pounce (Beastlord) or Mistwalk (Druid) AA's do.

I also posted this little bit to my guild forums:

Far as the Ranger boost, I logged onto Test and confirmed it...

Innate Natureblade - Rank 17/17 (didn't spend any AA, had it maxed)
- "This passive ability increases the damage your deal with all forms of melee combat by 66%."
Greyvvolf
Ranger

Postby Shang » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:10 am

Three comments on the melee boost.

1) Rangers are in the bottom tier of boosts for this. We are among the Monks and tanks for Damage increase with this.
2) All other classes had their mods lowered on their shorter discs. We come out ahead on these situations, in general.
3) Beastlords are likely going to have to change their burn order, since BA was not modded. It'll be interesting to see which BLs find this first, and which ones still insist on their old one. This is one of the things I describe as skill.
As you correctly surmised, you were indeed permanently suspended for the following comment in the Shahrazad thread:

“Their Clerics are all lovely people with no temper, and impeccable skill at EverQuest.”
Shang
Ranger

Postby Noobi-wan » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:06 pm

A few things will need to be reworked on our end by devs with the new dmg increase.
1.) The ferocious kick proc buff fury of the forest (20% dmg mod)
and 2.) group guardian of the forest (38% dmg mod) are just 2 off the top of my head.

Also, I not sure what the devs are thinking with putting BST at 74% on the dmg mod, they already bring great ADPS to a raid group, not to mention paragon and fero buff. Their burns are beating pretty much every melee class as it is and their sustained is not slacking either. If anything I feel they should be at 66% with us instead of monks.
Noobi-wan
Ranger

Postby Xenon » Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:24 pm

I did a few hours parsing last night and confirmed that our dps increase will likely be much less than every other dps class.

Using 2 x incidorex w/ 10 dmg augs I parsed a 12.7% increase in autoattack melee dps using rk2/3 raid buffs along with copsestalker, auspice, oa x 2, gotf, ranger epic, quicktime, fierce eye, shaman epic on a level 110 3765 ac dummy.

Using cotf piercer/efreeti standard w/ 10 dmg augs I parsed a 7.8% increase in autoattack melee dps using the same as above. This setup was still better than the tds weapons, so our actual increase is even less than what you'd expect.

This may put us firmly in last place on the melee dps scale.
Xenon
Ranger

Postby Shang » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:58 am

The reason we aren't seeing a large increase is because of our lack luster assortment of SPAs to combine with this.

Essentially, the ranger class burns with three things.
1) mediocre martial skills mods ( gotf, oacc, ggotf)
2) hit damage boost (copsestalker)
3) high accuracy

Point 2 is our strongest modifier, and it will not be modified by this change.

Shang
Ranger

Postby Schadenfreude » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:57 pm

Xenon wrote:I did a few hours parsing last night and confirmed that our dps increase will likely be much less than every other dps class.

Using 2 x incidorex w/ 10 dmg augs I parsed a 12.7% increase in autoattack melee dps using rk2/3 raid buffs along with copsestalker, auspice, oa x 2, gotf, ranger epic, quicktime, fierce eye, shaman epic on a level 110 3765 ac dummy.

Using cotf piercer/efreeti standard w/ 10 dmg augs I parsed a 7.8% increase in autoattack melee dps using the same as above. This setup was still better than the tds weapons, so our actual increase is even less than what you'd expect.

This may put us firmly in last place on the melee dps scale.

I almost never use any of the ancient fast weapons and sold all my CoTF piercers - only have the Rev Whip left in actual fact - so I'm sure I could squeeze a bit more out my burns using some combination of those but as things stand it looks like Monks did substantially better than us from this adjustment. Beastlords certainly didn't lose any ground on Monks and pulled a little bit further ahead of us.

It's not happened yet but I fully expect to see a 250k+ Beastlord parse on the Arx one off.

Pretty tragic that you have to bag your TDS belt AND both weapons to remain even remotely competitive.

Schadenfreude
Shakespeare

Postby Aluane » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:17 am

I got about +15% on a test dummy burn that I use the same DPS support for regularly.
(cotf poker + efreeti)

Not parsed since the changes to crit spell dmg effects and stacking so that will account for some differences.
My ROG alt was around +20%
Aluane
Ranger

Return to Askr's Accuracy