The Rangers Tips

Spells, Skills and AA discussion

Re: The Rangers Tips

Postby Ladas » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:40 am

Nice, concise write up on that link. Few things covered better by posts here, but overall nicely done.

Question though, does anyone else Provoking Shot as part of their burn rotation? I dropped it for aggro reasons with PA running and haven't given it another thought. Am I missing something there?
Ladas
University Professor

Postby Gladare » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:57 am

Jarron wrote:/I got your willy nilly right here.

That's really cute. I may come off as a jerk, but I'm actually thinking about the players that come here for advice. They don't know you don't know what you're talking about. If you have anything you think is useful, try posing it as a question in the debate forum to get verified instead of tacking it on to a stickied tip thread. It would be much better than tainting the minds that come here to improve.
Gladare
Pathfinder

Postby Jarron » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:55 pm

Gladare wrote: Blah blah blah.

Indeed.

Not even worth the time to reply.
Jarron
Ranger

Postby Jarron » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:32 am

Just updating. In practice having parry proc buff in upper slots appears to trigger it much more often than lower down on buffs. I have not properly parsed it; but after a few months of this I am happy with the trend and continue to maintain it higher up.

The only other testing I have done is on a paladin, swarming, with Sustanance of Tunare, a buff that proc's a 500hp self heal when hit, 24 counters. I put in an audio trigger to listen it firing. Whenever I keep it lower down on the buff list it's not as dependable. I now keep it 2nd to top, and the audio trigger "beep" is like a machine gun popping. (In fact, the darn thing gets used up a little too quickly).

J

edit: It might just be a placebo. I cannot claim I have tested it properly with controlled variables.
Jarron
Ranger

Postby Schadenfreude » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:23 am

Jarron wrote:rubbish

Please stop posting nonsense.

Schadenfreude
Shakespeare

Postby Jarron » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:57 am

Why you hatin' bro? I'm posting my findings.
Jarron
Ranger

Previous

Return to Askr's Accuracy