Movies

The place to tell a joke or ask Zith about the meaning of life!

Movies

Postby Zith » Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:37 am

I have been noticing that almost every movie that comes out is terrible. The sad thing is, I find myself adding them to my netflix queue then watching them when they arrive. For whatever reason, I still watched Stealth all of the way through, knowing exactly what would happen the whole time, while also thinking to myself "hey, this movie is horrible."

I think the only good movie coming out on DVD is Cindarella Man, otherwise the recent DVD releases have just been crap.. but the kind of crap I enjoy watching
Zith
Ranger

Postby alladan » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:01 am

My wife wanted to buy War of the Worlds unseen (we almost exclusively buy DVDs only after viewing them first). What an utter waste of a movie, complete crap. Unbelievable that his character is horrible to start, then his son demands to go see the battlefield and after he runs off into it, the entire battlefield blows up in utter destruction and flames before him. Then they are in the last remaining car that works, and after they arrive in Boston, somehow his son is alive and BEAT them to Boston. And the machines totally destroy the every major city, and Boston was no exception, but miraculously, the x-wife's parents' house and block are left untouched, and they open their door all dressed perfectly like they were having tea on a Sunday afternoon and nothing momentous was going on outside their door.

What a complete hollywood crap of a movie and HG Wells is rolling over in his grave at the travesty.

Seems like tons of movies these days are utter crap and try to rely only on CGI without having any resemblence of a good plot nor acting.
alladan
Ranger

Postby Gelvelik » Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:14 am

My suggestion is to first ask yourself what you want to get out of a movie. Do you just want to waste time and see every movie? Do you want one that mindlessly entertains you? Maybe one that will entice your date to please you, and buy you pie! I watch some movies knowing they are gonna suck overall, but have some parts that i really enjoy.

Take the move Equillibrium the plot kinda sucks, the Acting isn't the best, but the action, when it does happen is sweet, making it, to me, a good movie. Then there are Movies like The Beach which has no plot, no interesting parts, some blood and death to try to make us feel sad, and some sex to allow us men to somewhat enjoy it, but it does nothing for anyone, it just plain sucks and there is nothing to copare it to it sucks that bad.

So as far as buying Movies today, If you want a list of what movies to buy/rent, you have to ask yourself that. If it looks like it will suck, it just might!
Gelvelik
Outrider

Postby Zith » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:09 am

well I meant to post this on the other OT forum, I'm smrt
Zith
Ranger

Postby Nendiilya » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:12 am

God, moved it -twice- for you.
Bythos
Centurion of Cestus Dei
Asmodean, Lumiel Server (Aion)

Nendiilya the Voyager
Officer of Cestus Dei, Veeshan (retired 2007)
Nendiilya
Semper Tyrannis

Postby Zith » Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:32 pm

3> only
Zith
Ranger

Postby Edwood_Windrunner » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:54 pm

hey!
don't be cussin War of the Worlds! that was a pretty cool film man!
Edwood_Windrunner
Pathfinder

Postby Khirsath » Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:21 pm

I usually tend to like most of the movies i buy/rent. I liked Stealth and War of the Worlds. The way I look at it is like this. They are movies. They are supposed to be far fetched, goofy and whatnot. If the movie is based on real life events but doesnt truly follow what actually happened, then it sucks. Don't get me wrong, I have seen some bad movies. For the most part however, I just try to enjoy the story being presented and look at the movie as a simple form of entertainment and not take it to seriously.
Khirsath
Ranger

Postby flying_banana » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:03 am

I must agree, A LOT of movies nowadays are just plain terrible. I also though War of the Worlds was a steaming pile of pewp. Like the previous ranter posted with the song surviving that huge explosion and whatnot.. the way the humans win is JUST F'KIN STUPID. I don't even know if I fully understand it, but from what I've gathered, all the micro-organisms team up and eat the aliens? AHAHAHAHAHAHAH c'mon man....
Earthguard Xelus Merivius
Keepin' it real since 1989
flying_banana
Outrider

Postby JuneauPrexus » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:06 am

In the original War of the Worlds, the aliens, not having evolved on our planet for generations, lost because their immune systems could not handle our planet's bacteria and viruses. There was no intention involved at all in the microorganisms that defeated them.

What bothers me about movies these days isn't that they're terrible but that more and more are merely unoriginal remakes of television shows, books, and even old movies. The same old stories are retold, and little or nothing is added to the source material. The special effects are better, the actors portraying the characters look and sound different, but the stories remain mostly the same.
JuneauPrexus
Ranger

Return to Gunther meet Zith!