Test Update 07/08/13

General Discussion Area!

Test Update 07/08/13

Postby Underbrush » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:16 pm

Source: https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/inde ... 13.201432/

Update Notes:
*** Highlights ***

- Heart of Fear, the final chapter in Rain of Fear, is now available to everyone who has Rain of Fear!
- - Explore three new zones inside the source of Cazic-Thule's power, the Heart of Fear: The Threshold, The Rebirth, and The Epicenter, with new quests, missions, and raids!
- Mission chests in Rain of Fear now have a chance to drop Valiant armor ornaments.
- New Ssraeshzian armor ornaments rewarded by Norx are now properly restricted by armor type. Ornaments previously obtained from Norx have not been changed.
- Tears of Alaris leveling requirements have been adjusted to be slightly more achievable.
- Vulak`Aerr's items from the Corrupted Temple of Veeshan can now be purchased from Ilana Sunmire in Shard's Landing if you have completed that event.

*** Items ***

- Bows from House of Thule and onward now have a type 3 socket and corruption focus.
- Might of Stone is using the correct icon again.
- New Ssraeshzian armor ornaments rewarded by Norx are now properly restricted by armor type. Ornaments previously obtained from Norx have not been changed.
- Tears of Alaris leveling requirements have been adjusted to be slightly more achievable.
- Twilight Coat of Carnage and Silvershade Warmonger Coat now have the Brutal Discipline Quickening focus.
- Verdant Shield of the Shissar and Umbralforge Shield now have the correct mod stats.
- Non-edible tradeskill components are no longer marked as food.
- Fixed an issue that was causing Vah Shir and Froglok chest pieces to not visually change in some cases.

*** Spells ***

- Three new single-target cure spells are now available in the Plane of Knowledge, Firiona Vie, the Overthere, Sunderock Springs, Dragonscale Hills, or the Abysmal Sea.
- Clerics - New resurrection spells are available in the Plane of Knowledge, the Undershore, Sunderock Springs, and Dragonscale Hills.
- Enchanter - Corrected a problem that prevented Silver and Free users from properly casting Curtailing Helix.
- Enchanter - Increased the target cap on Blanket of Forgetfulness to 100.
- Magician - Corrected a problem that prevented Silver and Free users from properly casting or scribing the spell Summon Cauldron of Endless Goods.

*** NPC ***

- Cazic-Thule, Morell-Thule, and Terris-Thule are now consistently hyphenated.
- Fixed textures on the Gnomework variant that wields a drill.
- The inhabitants of Ssraeszhza Temple are now marked more consistently in terms of difficulty and rarity.

*** AA ***

- Enchanter - Increased the target cap on Blanket of Forgetfulness to 100.
- Magician - Call of the Hero rank 2 now has a more clear description of its effects.
- Ranger - Pack Hunt ranks 7, 8, and 9 will now summon the correct pet.
- Rogue - Glyph of the Cataclysm and Third Spire of the Rake should now play nicely together.
- Shaman - Spirit Renewal ranks 7, 8, and 9 should now heal for the correct amounts.
- Wizard - Refunded all ranks of Improved Ward of Destruction, and created ranks 6 - 10 of Ward of Destruction using the Improved Ward data. This will clean up the AA interface.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Mission chests in Rain of Fear now have a chance to drop Valiant armor ornaments.
- The correct Hot Zones will now display under the filter "Hot Zones" in the Zone Guide window.
- Vulak`Aerr's items from the Corrupted Temple of Veeshan can now be purchased from Ilana Sunmire in Shard's Landing if you have completed that event.

*** UI ***

- Updated the Atlas for Heart of Fear.
- Added more item icons.

- Changed -
EQUI_Animations.xml

*** Previously Updated ***

- Fixed a problem with hunter achievements for rare creatures in the Plane of Shadow.

- The EverQuest Team
Underbrush
Huntsmaster, Knight of Tunare
Member of Clan Ta'Veren of Rathe-Prexus-Thule

Underbrush
Forest Stalker

Re: Test Update 07/08/13

Postby Astroshak » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:49 pm

That's what interests me the most. I did a /testcopy and when it came back saying it was successful, logged over to Test.

Those items cost 500 Crystallized Fear each.
Astroshak
Huntmaster

Postby Underbrush » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:15 pm

I bet they don't expect many of those items to be bought.

A better way to handle all all the raid cash stuff would have been to make all the Tiers give out the same cash and of course make the items expensive and only available when unlocked. Alas we're heading for a forth type of currency soon I guess.

- Bows from House of Thule and onward now have a type 3 socket and corruption focus.

Corruption focus? As in focusing our corruption based spells??
Underbrush

Underbrush
Forest Stalker

Postby Ladas » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:36 pm

Think more so for SKs, so they dont have to carry two range items.
Ladas
University Professor

Postby Astroshak » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:22 am

WARNING! I just posted this to my guild's board, and this is worthy of posting here, as well.

Next patch they are adding an augmentation type 3 slot to bows. Rather than raid bows being slots 4, 8 they will instead be 3, 4, 8.

There were a couple of complaints about augs disappearing from bows when people went to check Test. I went there, and sure enough, my bow augs were not correct : one was gone, and the other was in the wrong augmentation slot.

Unless they fix this prior to the patch going live, it appears as though augs in the 4 slot are going to vanish. That is because they do not fit in the type 3 aug slot that is going to be the first aug slot listed on the bow. If you have a stat aug in the 8 slot, expect that to vanish - as they do not fit in the 4 slot. If you have a damage (or proc) aug in the 8 slot, then it will be moved to the 4 slot.

This is what I mean. My augs, on live right now:
4 : Azure Shard of covetous Absorption (4, 8 slot aug)
8 : Frosted Topaz (4, 8 slot aug)

My augs on Test :
3 : empty
4 : Frosted topaz (4, 8 slot aug)
8 : empty

The Azure Shard suddenly found itself in an aug slot it did not fit in, the 3 slot, and vanished. The Frosted Topaz found itself in a 4 slot and that was to its liking. There is no third aug slot on the bow, so nothing to move into the 8 slot. That's what I think is going to happen - thus this warning. REMOVE AUGS FROM BOWS BEFORE THE PATCH UNTIL AFTER THE PATCH.
Astroshak
Huntmaster

Postby Underbrush » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:20 am

I just posed about the Vulak items: https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/inde ... st-2970543

500 across the board for items that are basically T2 level is excessive, they should consider pricing the prices in line with other T2 items.
Underbrush

Underbrush
Forest Stalker

Return to General