Hot Keys!!! Which ones will make life easier?

General Discussion Area!

Hot Keys!!! Which ones will make life easier?

Postby dartjerk » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:03 am

For example... Is there a way to make one that toggle's to next mob once first one is dead? Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated, I've read about people binding multiple glyphs and other veteran rewards to hotkeys but I have no idea how this is done or if it is even necessary. Thanks in advance for the help Ranjas.
dartjerk
Ranger

Re: Hot Keys!!! Which ones will make life easier?

Postby dartjerk » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:19 pm

I was hoping for some good advice from you guys... Does no one really have any ideas,surely you could just mention what useful hot keys/macros you currently use and tell us how to make them.
dartjerk
Ranger

Postby hatsee » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:29 pm

No one answered because you didn't really look, but here is a good one.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5500

As for tab targeting I thought that was the default, if it was not then hit Alt + O, keys, target, then set 'cycle nearest npc's' to TAB. If the word TAB turns red that means there is a conflict, so scroll through all the setting and find whatever is set to TAB, click it, then his Esc to clear the binding.
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1432623
hatsee
Plainswalker

Postby Gladare » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:32 pm

/assist <name>
/assist main
/xtar 1-10
F8 for closest
Set up cycle npc key - options - keys - targeting.
Gladare
Pathfinder

Postby Astroshak » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:15 am

hatsee wrote:As for tab targeting I thought that was the default, if it was not then hit Alt + O, keys, target, then set 'cycle nearest npc's' to TAB. If the word TAB turns red that means there is a conflict, so scroll through all the setting and find whatever is set to TAB, click it, then his Esc to clear the binding.

The default use for the TAB key is to quickly toggle between your current target and yourself.

When fighting a mob, if you need to heal yourself, a quick TAB->cast heal->TAB gets you back on the mob as soon as the spell fizzles or is done casting.
Astroshak
Huntmaster

Postby dartjerk » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:49 am

Hatsee.. i appreciate the response and the link, but i did bother to look and that post was two years old and was wondering if there was anything new out there,im not sure if you were being helpful or hateful but im just trying to learn this incredibly fun game a little better and i thought you fellas with the knowledge might wanna help. so far everyone ive run into in game have been very patient and kind to a very new player...just going on my 6th week now..... i truly do appreciate any and all help i can get and i appologize if i misunderstood anyone.
dartjerk
Ranger

Postby hatsee » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:55 pm

We've been stagnated for the last couple years and gotten nothing new worth mentioning in the last 2 expansions, most classes rarely change anything up and if we did I'm quite sure someone would update those sorts of threads. I guess it's fair to say you wouldn't know this and most of us probably don't think about it. I know I didn't before your post.
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1432623
hatsee
Plainswalker

Postby dartjerk » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:56 pm

Hatsee...thanks for understanding and taking the time to help,hope everyone on here is as helpful. :)
dartjerk
Ranger

Return to General