Purity augs

Want to know where to hunt or get that drop, here's the place.

Purity augs

Postby mahgnillig » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:22 am

Does anyone know a good spot to farm purity augs? I had a bunch of them but put them in my MMM armour. Now I'm upgrading my armour I keep losing purity as the augs always get destroyed

Any instanced zones that are particularly good for this? My hubby and I can take out most SoD critters with our little group of ranger/druid/enchanter + mercs.
mahgnillig
Ranger

Postby Bolverkr » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:26 am

Have seen a fair number of them drop from the crystalline mobs around north lake in The Warrens, try there.
Bolverkr, 95 Ranger, Shadows of The Grave
Kaisung, 95 Shaman, Shadows of The Grave
Yueamyen, 95 Enchanter, Shadows of The Grave
7th Hammer/Tunare/whatever they are calling it this week Server
Bolverkr
Ranger

Postby Keban » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:40 am

You can also buy them from Zeb in the Void. A 20 purity aug cost 1900 chronos.
Keban
Ranger

Postby Shaggio » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:43 pm

I go to Korafax and get the Mindshear Attendant Task from the human at the zone in. The task itself only gives 15 chronos, but the mindshears are easily harmo'd or pulled with vinelash into the hall near the first room with mindshears in it. And they all have a chance to drop the purity augs.

I can do this with just me and the cleric merc, and it only takes about 1/2 hour. I normally get at least 1x +15 purity and 1 that is either +20 or +25. You can take the lower ones and trade them in for chronos to save up for some 25 augs.

I think I have 3x +25's and the chronos for 2 more now, and in total I have only camped here like 4-6 hours.

But if you want to get chronos to buy the augs, places like OGH and Bloody Kith is good to do easy repeatable tasks (normally 6h lockout though). There is one I do every night after a raid: it takes me 5 mins, and gets me 75 chronos. You can probably find a few tasks like this to do for some quick chronos.
Shaggio
Outrider

Postby Lila_AB » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:12 am

Any mob can drop them, so the more mobs you can kill per our the better the chance. Tosk boars can be killed fast, but you may try out of peak-time, as they are often killed.
Lila_AB
Ranger

Postby Surefire » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:22 am

Lila_AB wrote:Any mob can drop them, so the more mobs you can kill per our the better the chance. Tosk boars can be killed fast, but you may try out of peak-time, as they are often killed.

Work up your Tosk Slaves faction by doing the progression tasks in Warrens so you can do the Hiding in Plain Sight task from Trilyaris at the Tosk entrance. This is an instanced version of Tosk WITHOUT the generals and named. Lots of easy pig killing with a decent shot at purity and other augs.
Surefire
Ranger

Postby Scathaigh » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:30 am

In Hiding in Plain Sight, IIRC, a named has a chance to pop after around 15 boars (almost all of them) and can drop T4 essences.

Server of Tunare, the Great Mother
Scathaigh
Ranger

Postby mahgnillig » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:43 pm

Thanks guys I'll start farming instances then... seems like that is the best way to go. I only have 3 purity augs left now after upgrading almost all of my armour to Crystallos or MM raid (silly me, I figured I'd be in MMM armour for a while so I put all my augs in it). It's really annoying that purity augs are always destroyed when you remove them... I wonder why they did that.
mahgnillig
Ranger

Postby Astroshak » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:28 am

They had some backwards notion that the things are a luxury, and so should be hard to get, really expensive, etc.
Astroshak
Huntmaster

Postby Kiras » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:48 am

If you haven't done the quest yet, "http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=100082 is actually reusable. I think it took me ~ 2-3 hours to finish the whole quest line, it goes pretty fast.
Kiras
Ranger

Postby oaklander » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:09 pm

killing migglethorpe in oceangreen for 75 chronos - once a day x 30 days is enough for one 20 purity aug from zeb a month. more times you kill per day or with alts or boxes and you can get more chronos.
oaklander
Ranger

Return to The hunt / Newbie zone