invis

Rants and Raves

invis

Postby Xodar » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:41 pm

I have done everything I can. I mention in /g I have group fixed invis that's mana free. I mention it's instant. I say "Fixed invis incoming". I remind the one (there's always one) to make room for invis before they move and cast it again.

Someone ALWAYS clicks off my fixed invis that's already on them in favor of their own random invis of suicide.

You're a shadowknight. I just saw you look at shared camouflage in your window then click a 5 second CoS.

Hell, even casters, who I understand can cast their own fixed invis, about 50% of the time will stop moving, sit and mem their invis spell, break my invis by casting it and land theirs. (I generally recast mine as soon as they start casting at this point).

I had a p/u paladin click mine off and use cloudies one night (welcome to /ignore).

I think Clerics keep a list of fixed invis casters on a post-it stuck to their monitor, thankfully, I just wish they would add one that reminded them that invis was group only.

I love the AA, I just think the Icon should be a big fucking X with the buff title "Don't click this off, it's fixed duration" and when clicked off gives an emote "%T thinks today is a good day to die".

But that's just me...
Plainswalker Xodar
officer <Bhur Gcairde>
Tribunal server
Xodar
Forest Stalker

Postby flying_banana » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:14 pm

I couldn't agree more. I mean, even if shared camo wasn't fixed, why the hell would you click it off only to waste a potion? Oh well, everytime someone clicks it off and dies I just laugh and make no effort to help keep them alive. Assholes..
Earthguard Xelus Merivius
Keepin' it real since 1989
flying_banana
Outrider

Re: invis

Postby Tullaian » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:17 pm

Xodar wrote:
I love the AA, I just think the Icon should be a big fucking X with the buff title "Don't click this off, it's fixed duration" and when clicked off gives an emote "%T thinks today is a good day to die".

But that's just me...

Customizable wear off messages in TSS pls :lol:
Tullaian
Ranger

Postby Otzberger » Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:08 pm

Sadly enough this even happens with guildies. Group formed in Guild Hall. Buffs done, I cast Shared Camo and go through portal. Hit WoS and start running to MPG. I get just outside MPG and get a /tell "Hey Otzie, toss me another invis please". I ask "Where are you?" and get answered "At port in" :roll: "Hope you have good stun resist because you have to run to MPG without invis. I'll wait here in case I have to drag you for rez!"
Out of retirement
Chaoha Lakota
85 Ranger
Otzberger
Pathfinder

Postby Raanie » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:58 am

I think it's annoying, too. I just wish that fixed invis of any kind could override the weak random drop invis. :idea:
Raanie-- 70 Ranger
Raanie
Ranger

Postby Ueauvan » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:53 am

and when you recast shared it overwrites the party as well
aka The Ancient One (tm)
Fear the power of the banana!
Ueauvan
Ancient one!

Postby Gelvelik » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:22 am

I used to run around making sure ppl kept it on, but after a while, i cast it, and run, if they ask again they screwed up and have to pay for it. It's funny the ppl who learn and those who dont.
Gelvelik
Outrider

Postby flying_banana » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:27 pm

Raanie wrote:I think it's annoying, too. I just wish that fixed invis of any kind could override the weak random drop invis. :idea:

It's a nifty idea, but when people cast any spell (including their own invis) our invis drops :cry:
Earthguard Xelus Merivius
Keepin' it real since 1989
flying_banana
Outrider

Postby Jallender » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:17 am

I say just spam the hell out of the button. /shrug if they are already invis its their own fault for the spam already invis message.
Jallender
Ranger

Postby Miisty » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:34 am

As a cleric getting alot of buff tells or general business in cleric chat.. I often miss the fixed invise has been cast on me msg til my horror I see my self appear/disappear. But usually, nothing is said in /g about it. :oops:

Miisty
EQOutrider Token Twink

Postby Gaven » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:43 am

I always have someone click it off also, but most times when I tell them it's set duration they click off what they used and ask for it again. have one or two people that always ask for it now, or say in group they dont have to worry about invis since i've got it covered.

Funny thing is the other day I went around the guild hall casting harmony on everyone (it sticks in GH for some reason, unlike other detrimental spells) and then went to bed, the next morning i was checking guild chat and saw a cleric asking what this tranquility of the glade buff was....
Gaven
Ranger

Postby Ninuvas » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:52 am

Gaven wrote: a cleric asking what this tranquility of the glade buff was....

Just tell them it is a mana regen buff *g*
Ninuvas
Pathfinder

Postby Ghanur » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:18 pm

Ninuvas wrote:
Gaven wrote: a cleric asking what this tranquility of the glade buff was....

Just tell them it is a mana regen buff *g*

Isn't it? :lol:
Ghanur
Ranger

Postby Renwin » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:56 am

Of course it is - you just need to sit for it to take effect.

I used that on a Bst once, omg the poor sap believed me.
Renwin
Goose

Postby Xodar » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:24 pm

Miisty wrote:As a cleric getting alot of buff tells or general business in cleric chat.. I often miss the fixed invise has been cast on me msg til my horror I see my self appear/disappear. But usually, nothing is said in /g about it. :oops:

Clerics are the one class I cut some slack, especially if they are buffing. I can respam that button every 7 seconds. I even respond to "invis pls" but if you burn a cloudy while I am standing there spamming the button I give up hehe.
Plainswalker Xodar
officer <Bhur Gcairde>
Tribunal server
Xodar
Forest Stalker

Next

Return to Flaming Arrows