TSS factioning.

Rants and Raves

TSS factioning.

Postby kngaries » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:03 am

ok my spelling sucks but here goes.
who the fuck came up with all these dam lil task to get faction
for all these dang zone. they should be shot dead in a ally.
i bet i did jenray twice all his missons before coming ally to get into agnorth
i all those task when u go deep down into west then back to east.
then Fc factioning. sitting in fc doing marks bites ass.if it wasnt for the nice xp
i woulda been screaming. an our rk2 spells getting risted on expension from 4 yrs ago did seru an emp this last week for fun one grouping them. an they resisted 70% of the time.
i know its not much of a rant,but after months of factioning in tss i still find myself doing it for people to help.
Image
kngaries
Ranger
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:25 am

Postby Mishal » Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:21 am

You're right. Your spelling does suck. Your grammar also sucks.
Mishal Songslayer
Mishal
Ranger
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:06 pm

Postby Adventureous » Tue May 01, 2007 3:05 am

I second the motion that is sucks, but thankfully I just finished it and never have to do it again!
Image
User avatar
Adventureous
Ranger
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:24 pm

Postby bemien » Tue May 01, 2007 11:03 am

All I have to say is that AG and FC factioning are both a LOT faster and easier now, than they were when TSS released.
Image
User avatar
bemien
Pathfinder
 
Posts: 296
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:09 pm

Postby Tammeroth » Tue May 01, 2007 8:56 pm

AG and FC factioning are both a LOT faster and easier now


FC factioning is certainly ALOT easier, but how is AG factioning easier? I'm not argueing the point, I just wonder what it is that you know that I don't know :)
Image
User avatar
Tammeroth
Ranger
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:45 am

Postby Tnexus » Tue May 01, 2007 10:05 pm

FC faction can be solo'd from dubious to max ally in one night. TBS factioning isn't that bad, it's just people are mad then can't have missions as easy as Creator.
Tnexus Fyrewolf
Prexus Server
User avatar
Tnexus
That's Mr. Community Leader to you!
 
Posts: 1403
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:41 am
Location: Prexus

Postby Otzberger » Tue May 01, 2007 10:42 pm

TSS faction in general is the DEVIL. Not just FC/AG (though those are the majors needed for raiding that expansion), but stupid Vald faction. Here's an example;

Working on Staff of Frozen Flame for my alt Magician. So far she has done the Rune Diamond quest x1, Runic Ivory quest x7, and the bracer quest x9. I don't know if the shield quest (battled shield of the fallen defender or some-such) counts on the same faction or not. In order to get the quest for the staff, kindly faction is needed. She's been amiable for about the last 4 bracers and 3 ivory quests. But hey, she's gone from just in level 65 when starting this quest to almost 67 now (duoing with my other alt to get the drops). Mage has all items for quest in inventory, just can't get the quest yet. What a drag.

The only other way to raise faction (that I know of) is the Construction of Shadows quest. It's easy for someone that can DA and FD, but not for a Magician. Sure, she could use some IVU potions to get the first 2 parts done, but once she enters the maze all of the mobs in there see invis, ivu, and hit for 3.5k+.

I will continue working pelts and ivory to raise faction. I keep hoping that "just one more ivory or bracer quest and I'll get to kindly" only to /con after the quest and /groan.
Out of retirement
Chaoha Lakota
85 Ranger
Otzberger
Pathfinder
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:20 am
Location: Japan (for now)

Postby Whitman » Wed May 02, 2007 1:00 am

@Otz:

If you are at Apprehensive with the Wraithguard Leadership, doing the Battered Shield of the Fallen Guard (Incursion) quest will take you to amiable. Takes all of half an hour from start in GH to finish in the same place, according to my guildees.

Battered Shield of the Fallen Guard
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE
Slot: SECONDARY
AC: 80
STR: +16 DEX: +16 STA: +16 WIS: +16 INT: +16 AGI: +16 HP: +275 MANA: +255 ENDUR: +255
SV FIRE: +8 SV DISEASE: +16 SV COLD: +16 SV MAGIC: +16 SV POISON: +16
Shielding: +1% Spell Shield: +3% Avoidance: +5 Stun Resist: +3% DoT Shielding: +3%
Recommended level of 75. Required level of 71.
WT: 6.0 Size: GIANT
Class: ALL
Race: ALL
Slot 1, Type 7
Retired. Goodbye, and thanks for all the tips.
Whitman
Warder
 
Posts: 707
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:43 am
Location: Denmark

Postby wolvestooth » Wed May 02, 2007 6:28 am

I completely lost on the factioning. Somehow my wraithguard faction dropped, so I can't get any quests to raise the faction. Add to that I can't get anyone to go to Frostcrypt to help me raise my faction there.

Sucks since I only wanted the shield. Of course, now I rarely use my shield for tanking (cut down on the areas I tank in, didn't get better).
User avatar
wolvestooth
Pathfinder
 
Posts: 360
Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 8:10 am
Location: The Tribunal (Virtue and Valor)

Postby Otzberger » Wed May 02, 2007 9:01 am

Whitman wrote:@Otz:

If you are at Apprehensive with the Wraithguard Leadership, doing the Battered Shield of the Fallen Guard (Incursion) quest will take you to amiable. Takes all of half an hour from start in GH to finish in the same place, according to my guildees.

Battered Shield of the Fallen Guard
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE
Slot: SECONDARY
AC: 80
STR: +16 DEX: +16 STA: +16 WIS: +16 INT: +16 AGI: +16 HP: +275 MANA: +255 ENDUR: +255
SV FIRE: +8 SV DISEASE: +16 SV COLD: +16 SV MAGIC: +16 SV POISON: +16
Shielding: +1% Spell Shield: +3% Avoidance: +5 Stun Resist: +3% DoT Shielding: +3%
Recommended level of 75. Required level of 71.
WT: 6.0 Size: GIANT
Class: ALL
Race: ALL
Slot 1, Type 7


Otzberger wrote:So far she has done the Rune Diamond quest x1, Runic Ivory quest x7, and the bracer quest x9. I don't know if the shield quest (battled shield of the fallen defender or some-such) counts on the same faction or not.


I have the shield for several of my toons, including the mage that is working on faction for the staff. I know it increases 1 faction in Vald, but I'm not sure about the other (there is Wraithguard faction and Wraithguard Leadership faction). *after more research, the Incursion quest only raises Wraithguard Leadership faction and not Wraithguard (which is needed for the staff quest).*

**FOLLOW UP** I did one more ivory quest last night and got the mage to kindly faction and got the staff. NO MORE bears or mammoths for me for at least 2 months. Icefall can kiss my .,.... well, you know.
Out of retirement
Chaoha Lakota
85 Ranger
Otzberger
Pathfinder
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:20 am
Location: Japan (for now)

Postby Ayragon » Thu May 03, 2007 7:32 am

wolvestooth wrote:I completely lost on the factioning. Somehow my wraithguard faction dropped, so I can't get any quests to raise the faction. Add to that I can't get anyone to go to Frostcrypt to help me raise my faction there.

Sucks since I only wanted the shield. Of course, now I rarely use my shield for tanking (cut down on the areas I tank in, didn't get better).


me too.......sucks large donkey balls
Ayragon
Ranger
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:06 pm

Postby Baldary » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:41 am

Tnexus wrote:FC faction can be solo'd from dubious to max ally in one night. TBS factioning isn't that bad, it's just people are mad then can't have missions as easy as Creator.


I just came across this. Could you please explain about soloing the FC faction?

Baldary
Baldary
Ranger
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:55 am

Postby Irongron » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:11 am

Warning Signals (somthing of that nature) , but its clearing those crystals near frostcrypt enterance, have a chance of a mob spawning on you, just run to FC enterance fast, mob will summon, but cant snare it or root it. If you box a healer, maybe you can kill it..after getting into FC, wait about 5 mins, the mob despawns, rince and repeat.

I did a few times with cleric sitting up on the hill...
User avatar
Irongron
Ranger
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:52 pm

Postby hatsee » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:32 pm

Baldary wrote:
Tnexus wrote:FC faction can be solo'd from dubious to max ally in one night. TBS factioning isn't that bad, it's just people are mad then can't have missions as easy as Creator.


I just came across this. Could you please explain about soloing the FC faction?

Baldary


WGL, Kill a ton of mammoths for their tusks.
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1432623
hatsee
Plainswalker
 
Posts: 1115
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:09 am


Return to Flaming Arrows

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest