LIES!

Rants and Raves

LIES!

Postby Irongron » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:21 pm

From the news with eqplayers on the 8th anniversary

As we celebrate the 8th anniversary of EQ I would like to thank all of you for helping make EQ what it is today. EQ started as an idea to make a game for people that we thought would be fun to play. EQ has become your game and through player feedback, it will continue to be a game made for the players.

Clint Worley
EverQuest Producer

Oh, they listen to our feedback?
Irongron
Ranger

Postby pilan » Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:20 pm

sure, they probably implement 5% of player feedback, which is where abouts it should be.

most feedback is "why doesn't my class have this ability while x class does".
pilan
Ranger

Postby wolvestooth » Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:14 pm

Yep, check out the give everyone Endless Quiver to all bow users thread on the official forums.
wolvestooth
Pathfinder

Postby Xodar » Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:31 pm

Bleh, the issue is more gray then black and white. Feel free to check out Merloc's "What melee effects?" post as well...
Plainswalker Xodar
officer <Bhur Gcairde>
Tribunal server
Xodar
Forest Stalker

Postby flying_banana » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:27 pm

Fuckin dumbass shit. pewpewpew
Earthguard Xelus Merivius
Keepin' it real since 1989
flying_banana
Outrider

Re: LIES!

Postby Bariag_Stromm » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:16 pm

Irongron wrote:From the news with eqplayers on the 8th anniversary

As we celebrate the 8th anniversary of EQ I would like to thank all of you for helping make EQ what it is today. EQ started as an idea to make a game for people that we thought would be fun to play. EQ has become your game and through player feedback, it will continue to be a game made for the players.

Clint Worley
EverQuest Producer

Oh, they listen to our feedback?

They listen to (or more accurately read) feed back all the time. They just ignore it if it doesn't fit what has already been decided.

Take a look at the thread on the new Human models. If these are implemented as they currently are on test, you are going to see the first Farwarden bazaar mule on Stromm.
Bariag_Stromm
Ranger

Postby Whitman » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:19 am

Serves you right for rolling a human ranger pftphtbthtbthbtbpbtbphtpbhtpbhtphb :P
Retired. Goodbye, and thanks for all the tips.
Whitman
Warder

Postby Bariag_Stromm » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:37 am

Whitman wrote:Serves you right for rolling a human ranger pftphtbthtbthbtbpbtbphtpbhtpbhtphb :P

Laugh it up. But consider this.

According the the seemingly prevailing attitude at SOE:

Humans are nothing more than unmodified Drakkin.
Erudites are nothing more than humans with dark skin.
Barbarians are nothing more than humans with woad.
Dark Elves are nothing more than Erudites with vulcan ears.
Other Elvish races are nothing more than humans with vulcan ears.
Ogres are nothing more than tall fat humans.
Vah Shir are nothing more than Ogres with fur.
Trolls are nothing more than Ogres with green skin and vulcan ears.
Dwarves are nothing more than squashed humans.
Halflings are nothing more than thin dwarves.
Gnomes are nothing more than short thin dwarves.
Guktans are nothing more than Kunark Frogloks with Amazonian rain forest frog markings.

Everybody's turn is coming.
Bariag_Stromm
Ranger

Postby flying_banana » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:28 pm

Fuck him up steve
Earthguard Xelus Merivius
Keepin' it real since 1989
flying_banana
Outrider

Postby Donbayne » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:15 am

I wonder what feedback produced the chain-wearing, snaring class called berserkers that bid against me on just about every 2h weapon, never mind wearable gear.

(if you want to talk about ranger 2h dps, go start another thread, puhleeze, we've all heard it before)

Looking forward to the new Human models, can't wait to see Bariag swing his purse at a mob.
Donbayne
Majestic Might
Stromm
Donbayne
Ranger

Postby Zaknafei » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:32 am

Swampfunk wannabees even have battle leap so they dont have to load up MQ to warp because they are lazy or too stupid. I wonder if they get suspended from raiding for MQ like thier spokesperson......
Zaknafei
Ranger

Postby Gilfendel » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:35 am

Zaknafei wrote:Swampfunk wannabees even have battle leap so they dont have to load up MQ to warp because they are lazy or too stupid. I wonder if they get suspended from raiding for MQ like thier spokesperson......

Not sure where that came from, but since you brought up MQ, I have a rant...

I had NO idea that MacroQuest was so freaking prevalent!!

I was at a friends house and he plays on another server. He and his group were warping around killing named like no ones business. I happened to mention that I was glad to be on Quellious where there wasn't so much of that.

He just laughed at me and logged off. Then he creates a toon on Quell. and zones to EJ, pulls up his map and as we watch the colored dots on the map, I see people zone in from FoB and magicly appear over near the CoM zone. So he types in /zone wallofslaughter and we watch a steady stream of people zoning in and popping all over the place to their camps.

Next he zones to the Grey and pops into Ssra temple. People are warping all over the zone like crazy... there's a monk in there who is killing raid fabled in like 15 seconds... solo!

He said it's like that on every server. I've been playing 3 1/2 years, I have a 75 Ranger and a 71 Shammy. I thought I was knowledgable, but I had no clue! How can a straight, family guild compete with that? Especially with fableds up... we can't even seem to get a camp that we can handle. We zone in and are the only ones in the zone. We start fighting towards the mob and before we're halfway there, a group has zoned in, killed the mob, looted and zoned on to their next fabled target.

It makes me want to cry.
Lord Gilfendel Trueheart: Forest Stalker
{retired}
Gilfendel
Pathfinder

Postby Bariag_Stromm » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:29 am

Donbayne wrote:I wonder what feedback produced the chain-wearing, snaring class called berserkers that bid against me on just about every 2h weapon, never mind wearable gear.

(if you want to talk about ranger 2h dps, go start another thread, puhleeze, we've all heard it before)

Looking forward to the new Human models, can't wait to see Bariag swing his purse at a mob.

Purse will be deleted, gonna need the room for trader's satchels.
Ogler of nekkid DE ladies, leather clad monk ladies and Ranja ladies navels.
Bariag_Stromm
Ranger

Postby Zaknafei » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:25 am

Gilfendel wrote:................

He said it's like that on every server. I've been playing 3 1/2 years, I have a 75 Ranger and a 71 Shammy. I thought I was knowledgable, but I had no clue! How can a straight, family guild compete with that?

The answer is you cannot- They should log IP addresses of MQ users and ban that IP address from connecting again, then distribute the personal information of the offending party to the Nigerian mafia.
Zaknafei
Ranger

Postby Whitman » Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:35 am

We start fighting towards the mob and before we're halfway there, a group has zoned in, killed the mob, looted and zoned on to their next fabled target.

This sounds all to familiar, and if MQ is really the cause, I can only say

/em is now a sad panda
Retired. Goodbye, and thanks for all the tips.
Whitman
Warder

Next

Return to Flaming Arrows