You read this they way I do?

Rants and Raves

You read this they way I do?

Postby Irongron » Mon May 21, 2007 6:21 pm ... _id=109774 , this is from the zerker boards, whine, whine, all of the Items he has issues with, Pulling, Snaring, TAUNT, damage mitagtion improvements...

Ask a ranger what taunt is for- To save your ass!!!!. Its situational. Can be used to tank if your geared and have the AA to back it up. In many respects, we are like Bards, situational. We have Utility for situational things, many of those abilities/utility has been given out to other classes, but thats another issue in its self. Zerkers were not developed to tank. Rangers are, therefor you dont and wont have a taunt, but again its situational.

Situation A: The raid is wiping. Zerker goes in for the Bloodlust to kill with Uber DPS, in hopes his DPS is greater then the mobs rage and in the result, die in a blaze of fire and fury only suited for this zerker...., You taunt, but you cant take the hit, you die. raid continues to wipe. This is assuming all Plate tanking classes are dead. Incomes the ranger with taunt, some ability to tank, Weaponsheild to save his ass and TAUNT and a few nukes to get the agro, you cant get, in hopes of saving the raid, if succesful. Rangers, who know what there doing and when to do it are tacticans, Zerks are designed to be cannon-fodder, sorry, but its how your dev's made you. You got the DPS and the AA's to make even Devlin the Vampire hunter envious with 2 daggers. Learn your roll in a raid and stop trying to make it into another class, which already exists! If those bastards ever get taunt...lets just say the french had one original and actualy good idea. :twisted:
Last edited by Irongron on Mon May 21, 2007 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Kanwell » Mon May 21, 2007 6:41 pm

I laughed at almost every one of them.. He wnats zerks to be demi-gods :p
Retired 80 Huntmaster

Postby Otzberger » Mon May 21, 2007 8:55 pm

The original post was sometime in early April. It got about as much attention as a hari-krishna in NYC. Let that thread rot as it has and think nothing of it.
Out of retirement
Chaoha Lakota
85 Ranger

Postby wolvestooth » Mon May 21, 2007 9:04 pm

That was pretty funny to read. I'm trying to stay away from the official forums. It's like a damn feeding frenzy over there.

Return to Flaming Arrows