Hail of Arrows

Rants and Raves

Postby Irongron » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:21 pm

I used it last night in Tacvi and on a few Zuns, the Tanks, one in peticular sent me a tell saying to STOP POKING ME. He got hit pretty good...

SO how am I suppost to do damage to a PC on a NON PVP server and I dont duel anyone...Anyone else get complaints like this?
Irongron
Ranger

Postby Ladas » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:34 pm

Irongron wrote:I used it last night in Tacvi and on a few Zuns, the Tanks, one in peticular sent me a tell saying to STOP POKING ME. He got hit pretty good...

SO how am I suppost to do damage to a PC on a NON PVP server and I dont duel anyone...Anyone else get complaints like this?

You aren't actually doing any damage to those players, unless they are charmed. However, they get messages that "Irongron tries to cast a spell on you, but you are protected".

Thats what he was refering to more than likely.
Ladas
University Professor

Postby Xodar » Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:09 pm

Has anyone else noticed it seems to cone a little bit? And that slightly more left then right as far as I can tell. Not terrible to aim once you get the hang of it, but knockback stuns and press the attack can be irritating, lol.
Plainswalker Xodar
officer <Bhur Gcairde>
Tribunal server
Xodar
Forest Stalker

Postby Ueauvan » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:44 am

i love hitting cor (i think) with hoa when he charms. he has never charmed me ever and i actually have killed 3 chars over the vrious fights when they were charmed. i laughed my socks off
aka The Ancient One (tm)
Fear the power of the banana!
Ueauvan
Ancient one!

Postby Ladas » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:00 am

Xodar wrote:Has anyone else noticed it seems to cone a little bit?

I've noticed it cones to a small degree as well, and I have also noticed in a few zones that it seems to bend, and in some places, its affected by "unevenness" in the floor and some invis "trigger" mobs.

I was helping a friend get some runes at the cubby in WoS the other day, cast HoA on the noc right in front of me, the noc lit up with sparklies, the SK and her pet behind the mob did not, but the cleric 15 degrees to the left of center did. I saw the same thing happen in the Deep once, where I was fighting 3 horrors facing across the cave and fired HoA, and it those 3, plus one of the 2 about 30 degrees to my right, aggro'ing both of those.

Likewise, there are a few places in Deep where if you stand and fire HoA, nothing in front of you will get hit. Its like the spell hits a brick wall. There are a couple places like that in Ssra too. But since Ssra has even floors, unlike those places in Deep, I figure its the old "trigger" NPCs blocking the spell.
Ladas
University Professor

Postby Barnard » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:02 am

My only real gripe is that it likes to hit corpses even if you use /hidecorpse to hide them.
The Tribunal - retired (This time I mean it!)
Barnard
Pathfinder

Postby kngaries » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:29 am

ok on yar last nite in don i was max range an had troubles doing ti to start off but then i started looking striaight @ the target circle not his tail or head. an would cast an would hit everyytime. i but my target window an hott stright in front of me which made it simplair to line up for me. hitting 3X 4418 in blood was so nice for dps :D
hope that helps some
kngaries
Ranger

Postby jonkin » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:54 am

HoA... The only way to travel
Ranger of Evening Reign
Druzzil ro
(till they make an ogre monk)
jonkin
Ranger

Postby Muadan » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:30 pm

I used a string, wrapped it around from the corners of my monitor and put a little tiny dot in the center of my monitor with a dry erase marker. Worked pretty well until a friend of mine wiped it off saying "You have something on your monitor" Need to put it back, I didnt miss when I lined that dot up unless something moved
Muadan
Ranger

Re:

Postby Jarron » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:21 am

Barnard wrote:My only real gripe is that it likes to hit corpses even if you use /hidecorpse to hide them.

Hate to revive a 6 year old thread, but does HoA still hit corpses and does it count those corspes as one of it's 8 targets?

Should I be corpse cleaning mid fight for efficiency?

J
Jarron
Ranger

Re: Hail of Arrows

Postby Ladas » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:32 am

I don't know. I haven't used the AE cone spells since we got the Focused versions except in some very limited raid settings.

Easy enough to test though... kill a dozen mobs and leave the bodies, pull 8 more and see they all take damage.
Ladas
University Professor

Re: Hail of Arrows

Postby Astroshak » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:47 pm

I did not log things then (and I still generally don't) but I do NOT recall Hail of Arrows hitting corpses unless the mob was alive when the first of the four arsows hit. If one of the first three hits kills the mob, then the remaining arrows will be targetted on the corpse.

But as far as targetting a corpse already there, before casting? Nope. I did too much in Lost Gnomes and Lost Gnomes Hard, pulling 27 and 29 mob trains to Vinelash and Hail/Headshot down. I never had a problem with Hail hitting a corpse instead of a Drachnid.
Astroshak
Huntmaster

Previous

Return to Flaming Arrows