SNARE and underwater

Rants and Raves

SNARE and underwater

Postby Gelvelik » Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:06 pm

So i was doing a DoD mission a few weeks ago it was mostly underwater fighting. The mobs thought it would be cool to run before they died and as always you see in grp chat "SNARE." Now, anyone that has ever played with a druid or ranger knows that snare does not work underwater. This is not my rant, yet. In our grp we had a monk, Yes i said a monk. Now monks have an AA i think, maybe its a disc, that "snares" the mob. This did work underwater! a F'n monk was snareing over a ranger who has 3 snares up at almost all times.

I got over it, Snareing is a waste of my DPS anyways, lol. SO i was doing that mission again with some other ppl from an outside guild, Once again i was not able to snare underwater, but even after telling the group that maybe 5 times they still yelled at me to snare until i bit their heads off for being stupid. Anyways, the Wizard in the group was also able to Snare underwater. Once agian makeing my 3 snares useless. :evil:
Gelvelik
Outrider

Postby Rouan » Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:48 pm

Ever try climbing in the water to snare?
Rouan
Warder

Postby Utdaan » Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:59 pm

And ruin his hair? Sheesh! :wink:
Temerity Al'Kabor, the Macintosh server
Utdaan
Pathfinder

Postby Kuldail » Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:59 pm

You can snare underwater.

The times when you can't is when you're out of the water and the mob is underwater or vice versa. Then you can't land any spells nor can you land heals, buffs etc on other players if the situation is the same.

The biggest problem with it is if you're both close to the top of the water but slightly in it. It'll sometimes count a mob/toon as underwater when they barely have a foot in the water, other times it won't.
Kuldail -- Retired
Stromm
Kuldail
Pathfinder

Postby Nendiilya » Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:37 pm

A shallow puddle once wiped a group of mine on deepest guk hard back before Gates.
Bythos
Centurion of Cestus Dei
Asmodean, Lumiel Server (Aion)

Nendiilya the Voyager
Officer of Cestus Dei, Veeshan (retired 2007)
Nendiilya
Semper Tyrannis

Postby Gelvelik » Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:18 pm

ah, i was under the water with the mob and snare did not work, and it had landed and not faded.
Gelvelik
Outrider

Postby kngaries » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:38 am

well back in the day of pop an water we did convair add's with snare an would kite them until raid was ready. u had to be outta water some or somthing. or was just a bug. i never have had problems with snare an underwater.
kngaries
Ranger

Postby Tinluen » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:12 pm

Go to Natimbi and try to snare the crusties under water. I used to do this then pull them to the area across the camp all the time. It should work, unless you or the zone is bugged. I never tried to root a mob under water, is that possible, or not?
Tinluen
Ranger

Postby Nendiilya » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:31 pm

I remember chain rooting in the coirnav event, so Root should work underwater.
Bythos
Centurion of Cestus Dei
Asmodean, Lumiel Server (Aion)

Nendiilya the Voyager
Officer of Cestus Dei, Veeshan (retired 2007)
Nendiilya
Semper Tyrannis

Return to Flaming Arrows