SOE Customer Service

Rants and Raves

Postby Utdaan » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:27 am

Wow...nice bump! :lol:

Since my last post here in Feb, I must say that the GM response on Al'Kabor rocks.

Maybe it's because I have our GM's phone number... :wink:
Temerity Al'Kabor, the Macintosh server
Utdaan
Pathfinder

Postby frankinthecity » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:22 am

you are lucky to be on alkabor

how is the population there?

you all must be like a small community?

Francois
frankinthecity
Ranger

Postby Utdaan » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:10 am

frankinthecity wrote:you are lucky to be on alkabor

how is the population there?

you all must be like a small community?

Francois

The population is steadily growing. We're getting more ex-PC players looking for the "Classic server" feel since we only go through PoP expansion. As for community, yeah...everyone knows everyone else and we all work well together for the most part. We have several guilds in various states of progression...one in the EP's, one that just killed Emp Ssra and will be entering VT soon, one that is working towards Emp Ssra, and several small family type guilds that seem to be more social then anything else. There is no rush to the "End Game" so it's a much more relaxed atmosphere on the server.

We don't get hit with the nerf stick here either, and because we aren't getting expansions we don't get new bugs all the time. We have a few bugs, but none so far have been game breaking or have stopped progression. Having the GM Supervisor as our GM also helps since she has a lot of pull with the necessary departments. If we ever find anything that is broken in progression, the EQ Producer has assured me that they will fix the code, or the GM will help us work around the roadblock.

There are many that have built (or converted) a PC into a "Hackintosh" just to play EQMac, while others just went out and bought an older used Mac (1GHz G4 processor or better) just to play. Right now, it almost makes more sense to buy a newer Intel Mac since it gives you the opportunity to have the best of both worlds in one system. Having the ability to boot into either Windows or the MacOS is $$, especially in regards to stability. Also, for those with an All Access Station Pass, EQMac is included and you can be simultaniously logged into both EQMac and EQPC with the same station account.

PM me if you have any questions so we don't further derail this bumped thread. :P
Temerity Al'Kabor, the Macintosh server
Utdaan
Pathfinder

Postby Rouan » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:28 pm

Plus, on EQMac they don't randomly turn your AHB graphic into crap.
Rouan
Warder

Previous

Return to Flaming Arrows