Mercs 15min???

Rants and Raves

Mercs 15min???

Postby acemac » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:23 am

I was pumped for the mercs last night and i would like to report that they are really well made! they heal when your dieing and even have tem rk2!!! but i do have one beef with them.....

you pay 1300 or so plat to get one and then you only get it for 15 min untill it cost you another 35?? although i do agree that you should have to pay to use them a 15 min upkeep is a tad fast. what can you even do in this game in 15 min. and yes i know you can suspend them but still make the upkeep at lease a half hour!

bring the flames so i can do this :roll:

i know they want to get plat out of the game but having a merc for all day on a Sunday should not cost a causal player every thing he has saved in like a month.
acemac
Ranger

Postby Broncoandy » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:55 am

What can you do in 15 minutes? Make that 35 plat for starters =p
Broncoandy
Forest Stalker

Postby acemac » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:05 am

lol thanks.... :roll:
acemac
Ranger

Postby Ariowen Dor'drondel » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:19 am

Personally I don't think that the cost of a merc is out of line at all. If you recall from many other games and in real life, hiring help is expensive. I don't plan on using one all that often, as I have a cleric and shaman bot on seperate accounts and box them alot. I might hire them when I get the shaman chrys flagged and take a tank and cleric merc there with me to fill out the group when I box. But then I might find other sod zones to be as good or better than Chrys and try it out there with the box and then mercs if need. Hell, I can buy a merc on all three, head out to say Kaesora and have a full group, ranger, cleric, shaman, tank tank cleric merc. Oh.....that sounds intriging so I might change my tune as to not using them alot.

Mind you I mostly 3 box when there aren't many guildies on or I want to do something that no other guildie really wants to do. But that is an idea, 3 box of mine and 3 mercs, intriguing.
Guild Leader of Alarius
Cazic Thule Server
Ariowen Dor'drondel
Outrider

Postby acemac » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:29 am

you better make sure you got loads of plat. I have no problem with the cost either just wish the upkeep timer was longer. I man heck i get paid by the hour why cant my merc.
acemac
Ranger

Postby Vogelvineguard » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:48 am

color me a huge fan of the mercs, they are so awesome that, if anyhting, they should probbly cost more! Seriously, in most zones they should more than pay for themselves just in the increased loot, to say nothing of the xp.

You could look at it this way, billing every 15 minutes saves you money if you hunt for under an hour.

Vogel Vineguard
Vogelvineguard
Ranger

Postby acemac » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:53 am

[quote="
You could look at it this way, billing every 15 minutes saves you money if you hunt for under an hour.

[/quote]

true! maybe they shoudl be like merchants then and let me sell them my loot for thier time now that i would like.

give them a diamond every hour to increase their timer.
acemac
Ranger

Postby Vogelvineguard » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:59 am

ooh, that's a great idea! It's kinda like tribute eh? So there is already a system for that in place, they could just copy paste the code :-)

Vogel
Vogelvineguard
Ranger

Postby Whitman » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:40 am

Seriously, if you can't make oodles of cash by dragging a healer along to any zone with db+ mobs, just the two of you, I think you need to check your primary and secondary slots and make sure you have something equipped at all :twisted:
Retired. Goodbye, and thanks for all the tips.
Whitman
Warder

Postby Schadenfreude » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:07 am

The biggest problem I'm going to have is letting real people take up valuable Merc group slots. :twisted:

Schadenfreude
Shakespeare

Postby penelope » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:09 am

arent the mercs suspendable, till you start fighting mobs, you dont need to be paying the pp, or am i misunderstanding how the fee works?
penelope
Pathfinder

Postby Astroshak » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:15 pm

They can be suspended, yes. I generally pop mine out right before I start fighting. There is a 3:30 minote or so time limit after suspension that you cannot bring him back out, however. So ... once he's out, unless I'm not going to be fighting for a while, I leave him out.

Supposedly they're also coded that if you're afk or inactive for a whole 15 minute billing cycle, they'll suspend billing, but I've not tested that out. Read about it by some dev on eqlive though, so take that witha grain of salt.
Astroshak
Huntmaster

Postby Broncoandy » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:45 pm

Handy thing is, if you suspend one and your real cleric dies, you can boot a group member, unsuspend the merc, and they'll rez the cleric.
Broncoandy
Forest Stalker

Postby Sarkaukar » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:48 pm

Broncoandy wrote:Handy thing is, if you suspend one and your real cleric dies, you can boot a group member, unsuspend the merc, and they'll rez the cleric.

Only 15 minutes after being unsuspended :)

How long is an EQ day in RL life minutes?
Sarkaukar
Pathfinder

Postby Broncoandy » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:14 pm

I just did it, and took about 30 seconds - the first 30 were spent healing and buffing me.
Broncoandy
Forest Stalker

Next

Return to Flaming Arrows