Non trackables and other ranger irritations...

Rants and Raves

Postby Dayhel » Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:36 pm

Speaking of Devistation, Could they make Evil Eyes and Red Boviaks that drop the skins any more rare. Nothing like when Eyes actually pop 2 friggen armies of undead spawn and make a damm bee line right for them. I know Giant skins are plentiful in the Corruption trial but even so thats just pethic on spawn population. They should tone down the undead some and pump up the eyes some. Not making spawn regular just make it more common so you still have to work some to get your spell.
Dayhel Pathweaver
Clan Ta'Veren

My Crap
Dayhel
Ranger

Postby Fufinski » Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:34 am

I so far have 9 skins on two toons and 5 on a third, all got in devistation. The giants and eyes are the rarest, but the trick is to clear as many camps as fast as possible to turn over spawns. While FD and fade classes are best for this, a ranger on the ball can also do it. The trick is to train one army onto another so they fight each other and clear camps.

To master the training, first try and pull the lot you think will be wiped out as opposed to the victors or you will still have agro on you. Have good resists up to avoid snare although I have managed to survive tendon slice as it didint last too long. Never tag any of the summoners when damaged or you will die :D . If you are kiting mobs arround, avoid any significant changes in z axis even if you are leved above a crevas you path over as this leads to the mob warping to you.

I had one particular run last night where I trained spiders onto kobalds in the vally up north but about 8 of the kobalds chased me. I kited those onto two sets of eyes before losing them all but some eyes chased me. I kited those onto shiliskin but some of those chased me, so I kited those onto some more spiders who chased me to some gaints. All in all I had 9-10 different camps wiping each other out on that one run.

If hings get really bad and you can not shift agro, you can always make it to zone and start fresh. Obviosuly avoid training around where other people are but that is usually not an issue, and if you clear a camp of all but one or 2 you can pull those to camp to be killed.

My favourit camp is at the very north point of the outer wall. 12 o'clock if the zone was a clockface.
Upstart Ranger

Dark Templars

80 Ranger of Xegony

My Stuff
Fufinski
Outrider

Postby Dayhel » Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:21 am

I know very well how to do it. The problem is other groups in the zone that dont have a clue or dont need / want the same mobs you need and start wacking off the ones you leave up.
Dayhel Pathweaver
Clan Ta'Veren

My Crap
Dayhel
Ranger

Previous

Return to Flaming Arrows