Icy Prism of Avoidance

Equipment Information

Icy Prism of Avoidance

Postby Endo » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:20 am

Is this aug still worth getting these days?

I was gong to go after it, but not sure with all the good AC augs in game now, if the tradeoff/effort is worth it. Seems like a sure thing to get, but no idea on what dodge % is worth vs AC.

Any guesses as to what the +8% dodge is worth in equivelant AC?

1% dodge = ?? AC

Thanks.
Endo
Pathfinder

Postby Astroshak » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:25 am

Its a 3 slot aug.

The best slot 3 aug with AC is from LDoN, at what, 8 AC? At least, that's what I get when looking at the old LDoN merchant sorting script thing found at ... I'd go for the dodge. You won't miss the 8 AC.
Astroshak
Huntmaster

Re: Icy Prism of Avoidance

Postby Delbaeth » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:35 am

Endo wrote:Is this aug still worth getting these days?

I was gong to go after it, but not sure with all the good AC augs in game now, if the tradeoff/effort is worth it. Seems like a sure thing to get, but no idea on what dodge % is worth vs AC.

Any guesses as to what the +8% dodge is worth in equivelant AC?

1% dodge = ?? AC

Thanks.

How much AC can you get in a type 3 slot?

Some people over at The Steal Warrior worked out a formula for dodge/parry/riposte. Some details like exactly how the various stats scale in response to each other are unclear but the 8% seems to work on about 1/2 or 2/3rds of you dodges. How much you dodge varies with how much the mob strikes through. I get 10% on the toughest mobs and 17% or so on those without strikethrough. Anything without strikethrough is trivial at this point so go with 10%. This makes (1/2 to 2/3) of 8% of 10% somewhere close to 0.5% less attacks hitting you.

How much AC is 0.5% attacks avoided worth? Avoidance and mitigation mean different things to your safety so even if I had a good measurement handy for how much AC gives how much less inbound DPS it wouldn't be a good answer. The last time I measured this the old rule of 100 AC gives 1% less average dps was still fairly close but I haven't parsed such things since Underfoot.

Can BiC go in type 3? I never did BiC back in the day and I don't think any others can. This really isn't a choice between AC and dodge but a choice between messing around with LDoN and not or perhaps between 8% dodge and +dmg on a magic dot.
Delbaeth
Outrider

Postby Endo » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:41 am

Doh, I didn't know it was slot 3. Nevermind then. I have plenty slot3 spots available.

Hmmm, .5% attacks avoided? That means I avoid one out of 200 attacks. Definitely not a noticible effect for the aug these days.

Endo
Pathfinder

Postby Ladwenae » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:28 am

Endo wrote:Doh, I didn't know it was slot 3. Nevermind then. I have plenty slot3 spots available.

Hmmm, .5% attacks avoided? That means I avoid one out of 200 attacks. Definitely not a noticible effect for the aug these days.

In a game of small numbers then 0.5% is huge...
Going from 22% hits to 21.5% seems quite significant to me.
Ladwenae - rangering again!
Ladwenae
Site Admin

Postby Bariag_Stromm » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:05 am

Endo wrote:Doh, I didn't know it was slot 3. Nevermind then. I have plenty slot3 spots available.

The one person that can tell you if it means anything is the priest that is healing you.
Ogler of nekkid DE ladies, leather clad monk ladies and Ranja ladies navels.
Bariag_Stromm
Ranger

Postby Jhenna » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:31 am

Astroshak wrote:Its a 3 slot aug.

The best slot 3 aug with AC is from LDoN, at what, 8 AC? At least, that's what I get when looking at the old LDoN merchant sorting script thing found at ... I'd go for the dodge. You won't miss the 8 AC.

That list is old. None of the the old type 3 AC augs from Ldon fit in that slot anymore. The change was made back in SoF. I saw this same list and went to buy the 8 AC one and slot 3 was removed.
Jhenna
Pathfinder

Postby Astroshak » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:43 am

I have not looked at the ldon stuff in ages, myself ... and haven't really paid any attention to any changes made to them items.
Astroshak
Huntmaster

Postby Endo » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:29 am

Alla's still lists the detail as slot 3...but maybe outdated info I guess.

Are you sure no this? If it has changed what slot is it now?

Endo
Pathfinder

Postby Saleren » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:15 pm

Icy Prism still 3, all the AC augs have been changed, to either type 1 or 7, i forget which.

Saleren~Joe
Saleren
Ranger

Return to Tunare's Armory