Quest Strategy Advice: Protecting the Weak (Minded)

General Quest, Key Quest, and Guide Forum Area

Quest Strategy Advice: Protecting the Weak (Minded)

Postby Spelljammer » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:10 pm

Hi everyone!
I am an 86th level Ranger and I usually group with an 86 Shaman friend. We both pretty much have a full set of the Silversteel armor, J5 mercs- healer/tank I have around 6200AAs,, Shammy has like 5500 AAs. When we are grouped I am usually around 45-47K HP, Shammy about 40K.

We are working on the quest listed in the subject, above. First part with the zombie bile turn-in is complete. We seem to be having some difficulty with the "blighted gorilla" section of the quest. Getting to the part of the gorilla camp you have to "explore" is proving difficult. I know where it is on the map, just getting to it without getting swamped with bunches of apes. I assume we may have to "kill" our way to it, as "shared cammo" always seems to break on us.

I would very much appreciate some advice on the best ways to go about this part of the quest. Is there a best area to start pulling from? Best areas to try to clear to get to the "blighted gorillas" and the area to "explore".

I know the quest says it is supposed to be soloable, so please excuse my lack of experience/knowledge, etc. The mobs are mostly dark blue and even at 86. Most often with the gorillas we do not seem to be able to handle over two dark blues at a time. We have as yet not made it to the part you are to "explore", nor have we killed a single "blighted gorilla", although we have been "chased" by many!!

Any suggestions, and advice will be greatly appreciated! Thanks to all who read this, and thanks in advance for any help!
Spelljammer
Ranger

Re: Quest Strategy Advice: Protecting the Weak (Minded)

Postby Schadenfreude » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:02 am

Spelljammer wrote:Hi everyone!
I am an 86th level Ranger and I usually group with an 86 Shaman friend. We both pretty much have a full set of the Silversteel armor, J5 mercs- healer/tank I have around 6200AAs,, Shammy has like 5500 AAs. When we are grouped I am usually around 45-47K HP, Shammy about 40K.

We are working on the quest listed in the subject, above. First part with the zombie bile turn-in is complete. We seem to be having some difficulty with the "blighted gorilla" section of the quest. Getting to the part of the gorilla camp you have to "explore" is proving difficult. I know where it is on the map, just getting to it without getting swamped with bunches of apes. I assume we may have to "kill" our way to it, as "shared cammo" always seems to break on us.

I would very much appreciate some advice on the best ways to go about this part of the quest. Is there a best area to start pulling from? Best areas to try to clear to get to the "blighted gorillas" and the area to "explore".

I know the quest says it is supposed to be soloable, so please excuse my lack of experience/knowledge, etc. The mobs are mostly dark blue and even at 86. Most often with the gorillas we do not seem to be able to handle over two dark blues at a time. We have as yet not made it to the part you are to "explore", nor have we killed a single "blighted gorilla", although we have been "chased" by many!!

Any suggestions, and advice will be greatly appreciated! Thanks to all who read this, and thanks in advance for any help!

All the mobs in this mission are undead have your friend make some Philter of Unlife Awareness which should help get you to the update spot unseen.

Schadenfreude
Shakespeare

Return to Tolan's Journal