SoD Progression

General Quest, Key Quest, and Guide Forum Area

Postby Arthegorn » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:41 pm

-1 twelve man raid done in Temple of Berttox

This isn't needed for Void B either.
Arthegorn
Ranger

Postby Tadenea » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:08 am

Rasper just posted something similiar to my post on there site http://home.comcast.net/~mathadon/Guide ... shear.html
Tadenea the Quester
Bunny Ranger
Tadenea
Community Leader

Postby Tadenea » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:18 am

results of all the Timeshear posted on Lucy
Timesear with a nice Effect
Tadenea the Quester
Bunny Ranger
Tadenea
Community Leader

Postby Broncoandy » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:10 pm

Now that is nice.
Broncoandy
Forest Stalker

Postby Tnexus » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:32 pm

Well, that makes Mana Burn somewhat useful.
Tnexus Fyrewolf
Prexus Server
Tnexus
That's Mr. Community Leader to you!

Postby Adita » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:51 am

So if I read it right you can click it once per 20 hours for 30k heal 10k mana and 10k end.
Anyone better at reading timer know if it will be seperate from Kiss, Scale etc. from LoN or the Mana/Heal pots from LoN?
And surely it is seperate from our Vet aa?
Adita
Ranger

Postby Tadenea » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:05 am

Adita wrote:So if I read it right you can click it once per 20 hours for 30k heal 10k mana and 10k end.
Anyone better at reading timer know if it will be seperate from Kiss, Scale etc. from LoN or the Mana/Heal pots from LoN?

appears to be on seperte timer but 20 hour recast is correct
basically a Staunch with less reuse time
Tadenea the Quester
Bunny Ranger
Tadenea
Community Leader

Postby penelope » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:57 am

havent bought sod yet, but hope to this week.

AM a bit confused by which zones i will be able to enter.

People are telling me conflicting info.

AM interested in going to Old bloodfields, but is it a locked zone? eg i cant just waltz in there from the void? OR is there a difference between the regular version of the zone and a progression instance version?
penelope
Pathfinder

Postby Sharptalon » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:46 am

Adita wrote:So if I read it right you can click it once per 20 hours for 30k heal 10k mana and 10k end.

From what I was told you also need to be over 90% in HP/mana/End to click it. So it has very, VERY limited use, if any for most players. I was pretty excited about this till I was told that, now I don't see me ever actually completing the quest.

Sharp
Sharptalon
85 Ranger on Xegony(Zebuxoruk)
Ex-Ranger Class leader for Alliance of Hope

Sharptalon, Ranger Extraordinaire
Sharptalon
Ranger

Postby Bariag_Stromm » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:24 am

penelope wrote:havent bought sod yet, but hope to this week.

AM a bit confused by which zones i will be able to enter.

People are telling me conflicting info.

AM interested in going to Old bloodfields, but is it a locked zone? eg i cant just waltz in there from the void? OR is there a difference between the regular version of the zone and a progression instance version?

To the best of my knowledge very few zones are locked. You can zone into all themes except the Discord theme without any keys. Old Bloodfields is the base zone for the Kuaa theme and can be entered without keying.
Ogler of nekkid DE ladies, leather clad monk ladies and Ranja ladies navels.
Bariag_Stromm
Ranger

Postby Broncoandy » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:22 am

Ya, the only locked zone is Korafax (Discord). Other than that everything is open, with the various voids being all but identical other than a different vender inventory, and a little less destruction.
Broncoandy
Forest Stalker

Postby Adventureous » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:54 pm

Yeah, I have the Timeshear it is crap(imo) atm, you do in fact need to be above 90% hp/m/e to use it and where ever you use it 6-12(depending on server tick) seconds later you will be ported back to that spot with the 30khp etc etc heal. Also getting ported does not lose you agro so its not a pulling tool for that awesome named either. I really think it need to be looked at myself but the devs posted that they wont change it iirc. SOOO, /cheer for another urn and circum task item=).

Btw Void G is the only void not accessable by groupers if yall didn't know. And until the devs put new items in the void, what you see in void b for items is basically all there is on Zeb.
Adventureous
Ranger

Postby Bariag_Stromm » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:13 pm

Broncoandy wrote:Ya, the only locked zone is Korafax (Discord). Other than that everything is open, with the various voids being all but identical other than a different vender inventory, and a little less destruction.

Pertaining to ol' Zebby's inventory in the void. While you can zone into all themes except Discord without doing any progression, you will need to do progression if you plan on getting any of the visible armor from this expansion.

For single group armor, each Theme starting with Field of Bone drops various Incandessences and Luminessences (called stones, gems, essences, etc. depending on who you talk to) used to make the visible single group armor. There are other items that must be purchased from Zebuxoruk in the void to make the armor. Most of these items only are available with progression.

With Void A access (no progression accomplished) you can make the Tier 3 Wrist and Hand group armor.
With Void B access (one theme completed) you can make the Tier 3 Head and Feet group armor.
With Void C access (two themes completed) you can make the Tier 3 Arms and Legs group armor.
With Void D access (three themes completed) you can make the Tier 3 Chest group armor.

When you complete four themes in the progression (Void E access) you unlock Korafax and can make the group Tier 4 and Tier 5 armor.

Essentially, you can collect all the dropped components for Tier 3, 4 and 5 armors (except the Tier 5 Chest armor which only drops in Discord) without doing any progression at all, but you cannot purchase the supplies needed to make the armor until you do the progression.
Ogler of nekkid DE ladies, leather clad monk ladies and Ranja ladies navels.
Bariag_Stromm
Ranger

Postby hatsee » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:38 pm

You can also get void e with just raiding.

Although I believe you need to clear all raids prior to Korafax raids to be able to zone into korafax, you can't mix and match group/raid flags for that zone but you can for void e.
hatsee
Plainswalker

Postby Kolani » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:33 pm

All that you need for Void B, and this is CONFIRMED, is:

Man the Defenses and No Cure For Death from Bronal

Familiarity is the Key, Stop the Contamination and A Dread Challenger from Hiran

Beat the Blackburrow Boss from Raxtor

You need absolutely nothing else. Did Void B access with a new enchanter box this weekend, these were the ONLY tasks done.
Kolani
Ranger

PreviousNext

Return to Tolan's Journal