Journeyman mercenaries

General Quest, Key Quest, and Guide Forum Area

Journeyman mercenaries

Postby Elric91 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:47 pm

Anyone know how to unlock the more confident, higher tier Journeyman level mercenaries?
God has to be all things to all people. Anything else would be less than perfect.
Elric91
Ranger

Postby Arthegorn » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:52 pm

Supposedly for each level of the Void you gain access to, you gain a higher level mercenary.

VoidB confirmed to give better mercenaries a few hours ago but I am not sure how the rest of them go.
Arthegorn
Ranger

Postby Elric91 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:06 pm

how do i get access to voidb?
God has to be all things to all people. Anything else would be less than perfect.
Elric91
Ranger

Postby Arthegorn » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:27 pm

Looks like about 11 solo, 2 group tasks in Oceangreen hills plus something undetermined in Blackburrow.

I've done just about everything in those 2 zones so I am not sure how I managed to get flagged tbh.
Arthegorn
Ranger

Postby triggerbane » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:38 am

Is there walkthroughs for the 11 solo missions?

Thanks
Trigs
triggerbane
Ranger

Postby Endo » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:58 am

Rasper's has some info on the Oceangreen progression:

http://home.comcast.net/~mathadon/Guides/index.html
Endo
Pathfinder

Postby Adita » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:18 pm

Merc tiers are directly tied to a themes completion. Completing Rathe gives T5 Journeyman merc. You can unlock T5 without having done any lower tiers progression.
Adita
Ranger

Postby Baldary » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:07 pm

Adita wrote:Merc tiers are directly tied to a themes completion. Completing Rathe gives T5 Journeyman merc. You can unlock T5 without having done any lower tiers progression.

Hmmm. I wonder if this means you can skip all of the earlier progression stuff, yet get full benefit of Void E (spells, Korfax. etc)?

Baldary
Baldary
Ranger

Postby Delbaeth » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:54 pm

Void progression is a count of how many themes you have completed.

Merc progression is based on the top theme. If you do the quests and missions for Invasion of Earth you can get the big merc but still be in Void-B.
Delbaeth
Outrider

Postby Ceenedra » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:31 pm

You can get a Tier 5 Journeyman with high confidence (best possible) when you have completed Void E progression. My understanding is you do not need to do all the other voids before it, just Void E to get the best mercs. My hydra is able to purchase the tier 5 journeyman and she does not have all of the void progressions done, but she does have void e completed.

This is only for merc's as they are purchased in PoK not void. This will NOT work for spells or armor as you cannot access void E itself without having done all of the previous progressions.

Cost to purchase is 9.6k and upkeep is 97pp every 15 minutes. My ranger's tier 5 journeyman cleric merc can keep an entire group alive without any problems or secondary healers (including when we kill named).
Rottrued the Twisted @81173dps--Ceenedra @5099dps

Ceeska
Ceenedra
Ranger

Postby Astroshak » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:25 pm

Ceenedra wrote:You can get a Tier 5 Journeyman with high confidence (best possible) when you have completed Void E progression. My understanding is you do not need to do all the other voids before it, just Void E to get the best mercs. My hydra is able to purchase the tier 5 journeyman and she does not have all of the void progressions done, but she does have void e completed.

Kinda hard to get into Void E without having gone through Voids D, C, and B first.

It is rather easy, however, to get Void B and Journeyman Tier 5 mercs at the same time : complete the Invasion of Rathe theme as your first theme.

Mercs are NOT tied to the void.

Mercs are tied to specific themes.

J2 unlocks with Oceangreen progression completion.
J3 unlocks with Bloody Kithicor progression completion.
J4 unlocks with the FoS theme's progression completion.
J5 unlocks with Invasion of Rathe progression completion.

Void B unlocks when you complete ANY ONE of those 4 themes.
Void C unlocks when you complete ANY TWO of those 4 themes.
Voic D unlocks when you complete ANY THREE of those 4 themes.
Void E unlocks when you have completed ALL FOUR of those themes.
Void F unlcoks when you complete the Kuaa/Discord theme, but you need Void E to enter Discord, so you can't complete this theme without completing the previous four.

If you want a specific merc, then complete that theme's progression.
Astroshak
Huntmaster

Postby Ceenedra » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:30 pm

I think you misunderstood. Since you do not hire your merc's in void E, you do not need to be able to ENTER VOID E to get the Tier 5 journeyman mercs. You only need specifically to do the void E progression missions to unlock those mercs.

I know this because I have tested this on one of my characters. She did the void E progression missions but was not able to enter Void E. Yet she is able to hire the Tier 5 journeyman mercs.

And that was the POINT I was making. Nothing more.

So....
Rottrued the Twisted @81173dps--Ceenedra @5099dps

Ceeska
Ceenedra
Ranger

Postby Shaggio » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:52 am

The point Roth was making is that by you saying "Void E" missions, you are incorrectly labeling the process.

I believe he is trying to say that you should say: "Only the Toskirakk progression missions are needed for T5 mercs."

If you only did these missions then these would NOT be the Void E tasks, ie they would be the Void B tasks, because after doing them you would be in Void B, not E.

Doing only Tosk progression DOES give you T5 mercs, but only Void B access.
Shaggio
Outrider

Postby Whitman » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:52 am

Ceenedra wrote:I think you misunderstood. Since you do not hire your merc's in void E, you do not need to be able to ENTER VOID E to get the Tier 5 journeyman mercs. You only need specifically to do the void E progression missions to unlock those mercs.

I know this because I have tested this on one of my characters. She did the void E progression missions but was not able to enter Void E. Yet she is able to hire the Tier 5 journeyman mercs.

And that was the POINT I was making. Nothing more.

So....

So you misunderstood the progression/journeyman evolvment process
Retired. Goodbye, and thanks for all the tips.
Whitman
Warder

Return to Tolan's Journal