Experience Advice for a lvl 71 ranger

General Quest, Key Quest, and Guide Forum Area

Experience Advice for a lvl 71 ranger

Postby Elric91 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:39 pm

My ranger is lvl 71 with around 250 aa's, and i am currently killing mobs in Griegs End for exp.

Where are some good spots to get some good aa exp solo'ing at my level besides GE? It can get crowded there with raid guild people pulling the entire zone to the zone in spot (I'm not kidding), and there tends to be a shortage of mobs.

Any advice would be cool.
God has to be all things to all people. Anything else would be less than perfect.
Elric91
Ranger

Postby lauranthala » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:53 pm

I think at lvl 70 I was doing Hive (hard) missions and HoA kiting mobs. Assuming you have a way to get the task (box, friend), the mobs should all be yellow/red cons and you can get aaxp fast that way.
Farwarden Lauranthala Starwind
Warder of Tunare
Forest Stalker of the Nameless
lauranthala
Pathfinder

Postby Whirley » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:32 pm

At 71 I think I was kiting "Lost Gnome" easy version, with hoA and vinelash got to love head shot when you do it at 83 though
I heard others do HoH about then

also C1 in fire is easy with a merc healer, my 69 monk does that now
Whirley Blades
Raging Fury - Antonius Bayle
Whirley
Ranger

Postby ikarus » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:07 am

Hoh will be nice exp solo at lvl 71, I leveled my shamy box ther up to lvl 73 I think, ( when it was an hotzone) you will need headshot 8 minimum if you want to kill fast, and vinelash will be nice too.
ikarus
Ranger

Postby Arahgorn » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:10 pm

Elric, you might try out the "melee easy" monsters in Field of Scale.

I take my warrior alt there and its a cakewalk with a mercenary. The mobs are mostly spread out for easy singles and hit at worst in the 500s. The easy monsters are "a scaled wolf", "a scaled wolf stalker", "a scaled wolf hunter", "a scorpion" and "a giant tree boa". All of these monsters are level 80 and the experience is quite nice. You can also get some 82-83 spells to sell in the bazaar.

My alt can take 2 simultaneously un-slowed, 3-4 when slowed with Truncheon of Doom and Last Stand discipline. He is well geared, but he has less AA than you do:

I just made level 74 on him two days ago fighting in Field of Scale=p

Edit: Btw, its pretty common on Cazic-Thule(Brell Serilis) to see folks OOCing roting armor for anyone in the zone to pickup. Its 500hp equipment, but requires level 80 to equip. Its good incentive to level up!
Arahgorn
Pathfinder

Postby Gorse » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:30 am

For some less scary suggestions, maybe try doing some of the daily tasks in Dragonscale Hills (speak to Fenden in the Ladies of Light tower). It might take a while, but you could probably do them solo, or ask if anyone is doing them and has room, as there is usually a decent stream of people doing the tasks.

Gorse
Gorse
Ranger

Return to Tolan's Journal