Fear Shards

General Quest, Key Quest, and Guide Forum Area

Fear Shards

Postby Underbrush » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:15 pm

The drop rate is very low. We spent about 2 hours killing the entire temple area in Feerrott (plus some side camps) and got a total of 2. I got lucky and scored 7 earlier today. Appears random, not tied to a specific level or type that I've seen.

The turnin NPC is in the NE corner of City of Bronze, a safe location but if I wasn't in my 90s I might have some hesitation going there for turn in. The NPC does see invis so you don't need to drop it to interact with him.

I've heard they only are in outdoors zones, which makes sense. Tradable but I have yet to see them in the bazaar, that will change.
Underbrush
Huntsmaster, Knight of Tunare
Member of Clan Ta'Veren of Rathe-Prexus-Thule

Underbrush
Forest Stalker

Re: Fear Shards

Postby deadman1204 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:46 pm

a friend and me were swarming in splitpaw for a couple hours and never saw one. Then I was headshotting in pofire, and again none. Do they only drop in HoT zones?
deadman1204
Ranger

Postby Ladas » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:35 am

Guild paladin said that they were also dropping in Beasts Domain from raptors. I didn't see it personally, its just what he said he heard.

I personally have only seen them dropping in Ferrot, though with as rare as they appear, that could easily just be a factor of number of kills. 2 hours at the Temples has got to be 10x the number of mobs I killed in 90 minutes camping the docks in Sarith, or the pig area in Resplendent Temple. Neither of those camps dropped any shards.
Ladas
University Professor

Postby Underbrush » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:10 pm

I picked up one, yes only 1, in about 100 AAs worth of killing today. I do hope this is not the only way to raise faction
Underbrush

Underbrush
Forest Stalker

Postby Tarvas » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:31 pm

For those that don't frequent the SOE forums, don't worry about this. This will still be live during the release when they plan to bump the drop rate.
Alan

Tarvas
Pathfinder

Postby Ladas » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:40 pm

The increase drop rate message that was on the Test patch wasn't included in the last Live patch that I recall, but I have noticed that mobs that drop the shards drop them in groups, usually 3 or 4 at a time. The chance of having a mob drop shards is still insanely rare, but when it does, its been at least 3 for me lately.

Spent a couple hours in Ferrott at the temples Saturday specifically looking for shards and had 6 Dark shards drop from 2 lizards (3 each) while I was solo, and another dropped 5 (one mob) when some others looking for easy AA joined me. I also picked up I think 10 of the lower level ones (2 or 3 lizards), which I used on my shaman by deleveling at the quest giver in CoB, then using Expedient.

I think I was in Ferrott 5 hours for those 11 Dark shards and 10 lower level ones.
Ladas
University Professor

Postby Ariowen Dor'drondel » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:18 pm

I have gotten 15 shards, 8 of the dark petite and 7 of the dark in Ferrott in about 1K kills over the last couple of weeks I have been concentrating on AA and slowly filling that last 10% of the normal xp bar. They came in clumps of 2 twice, 3 once and 4 twice.

With my limited play time these days and with the limited drop rate, I think I am doing fairly well although with 4 level 95 toons over 3 accounts, I am still a far cry from where I need to be.
Guild Leader of Alarius
Cazic Thule Server
Ariowen Dor'drondel
Outrider

Postby Underbrush » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:44 am

Feerrott does seem to be a exceptionally rare location, but a least there are some. I don't recall seeing them anywhere else.
Underbrush

Underbrush
Forest Stalker

Postby Tadenea » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:55 am

I gotten some low level shards from The Steppes when I was doing Portal of war event for eternal grove armor, so they do drop outside of VoA and HoT
I ended up buying alot of the L85 shards from Bazaar cheap and just deleveled to do turn ins then Vet rezed
Tadenea the Quester
Bunny Ranger
Tadenea
Community Leader

Postby Underbrush » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:55 pm

I heard someone had done that in CoB the other day, tons of corpses there but I didn't have a chance to check it out.
Underbrush

Underbrush
Forest Stalker

Postby penelope » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:20 am

anyone get the clicky tp ring recently?

assume its still available?
"Lucy is the only girl for me!"
penelope
Pathfinder

Postby Gladare » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:34 am

Choice between a really good aug and a port ring that you don't really need thanks to gh ports.
Gladare
Pathfinder

Postby Underbrush » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:13 am

We had a warrior click on the port ring by accident, he's petitioning. The Three aug options are quite nice.
Underbrush

Underbrush
Forest Stalker

Return to Tolan's Journal