invis

Rants and Raves

Postby Xodar » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:26 pm

Gaven wrote:I always have someone click it off also, but most times when I tell them it's set duration they click off what they used and ask for it again. have one or two people that always ask for it now, or say in group they dont have to worry about invis since i've got it covered.

Funny thing is the other day I went around the guild hall casting harmony on everyone (it sticks in GH for some reason, unlike other detrimental spells) and then went to bed, the next morning i was checking guild chat and saw a cleric asking what this tranquility of the glade buff was....

For the same reason you can cast it without LoS hehe

Spell Type: Beneficial
Plainswalker Xodar
officer <Bhur Gcairde>
Tribunal server
Xodar
Forest Stalker

Postby Caeddar » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:37 pm

In defense of the other classes that have the ability to cast invis.. It's not them 'clicking it off', it's them casting their own self invis out of habit.. I get the 'your spell has worn off of so-and-so a lot', but I also have an egual amount of guildies and friends that have a need for it and utilize it.. I believe the use, or disuse, of shared camo falls along the same lines as warriors receiving the MGB Trans Rod.. They don't need it but it's MGB'd so they get it, only thing to do is destroy it.. Ok maybe not a perfect example but you understand my meaning..

I have a caster also, and while playing that caster I am in the habit of casting invis on myself, regardless of if I have it or not (I simply forget to check my buffs before casting).. And I think this is the same in reverse.. They don't check their buffs or read chat before hitting their cast invis hotkey out of habit..

The only benefit of the shared camo is that it's instant cast, unlike any spell version.. And it is highly regarded when it comes to certain encounters (IE: Anguish Sewer Signet task)..

Bottom line is to ignore it and roll with the flow.. Every advantage gives us that much more to reach the collective goal.. If they want to use their own, so be it.. At least know that the Shared Camo doesn't cost mana..
The Puppet Show
'HERE I COME TO SAVE THE DA<trips> oh shi...LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...' ©2002
Caeddar
Ranger

Postby Barnard » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:19 pm

Actually it does cost 1 mana /snicker
The Tribunal - retired (This time I mean it!)
Barnard
Pathfinder

Postby Ueauvan » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:56 am

unless the class can cast set duration invis, shared camo should de rigeur. its great for my bst on autofollow behind me
aka The Ancient One (tm)
Fear the power of the banana!
Ueauvan
Ancient one!

Postby Muadan » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:40 pm

Ninuvas wrote:
Gaven wrote: a cleric asking what this tranquility of the glade buff was....

Just tell them it is a mana regen buff *g*

Thats about as good as this nooblet warrior on my server wanting me to pet pull with my wizards familiar, made me and my entire guild LOL
Muadan
Ranger

Dropping other classes Self Invis

Postby Deloehne1 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:13 am

Twice in the past two days - once on a shaman once on a druid - when I cast shared camo when they had their own self invis up, mine cancelled their camo and did not replace it. We work around this now, but has anyone else noticed this? In hive 69.1 I cast shared camo before most pulls (Save the Bots!), so this is a real issue for me.

I /bug reported, but would be interested to see if this is happening to others.
Deloehne1
Outrider

Postby Juneau » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:18 am

Id just to say, I think its AWESOME when you cast SC, it now recasts on the whole group, even if already invis, rather than only affecting people who are visible. I have had afk times when I was unable to refresh invis for my group until it wore off. I think they fixed it better than it was before hehe.
Juneau
Pathfinder

Re: Dropping other classes Self Invis

Postby Elcina » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:35 pm

Deloehne1 wrote:Twice in the past two days - once on a shaman once on a druid - when I cast shared camo when they had their own self invis up, mine cancelled their camo and did not replace it. We work around this now, but has anyone else noticed this? In hive 69.1 I cast shared camo before most pulls (Save the Bots!), so this is a real issue for me.

I /bug reported, but would be interested to see if this is happening to others.

Same Issue... I bugged it as well..
Elcina
Ranger

Postby Bariag_Stromm » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:53 pm

Renwin wrote:Of course it is - you just need to sit for it to take effect.

I used that on a Bst once, omg the poor sap believed me.

My favorite is Nature's Veil. I usually cast it on warriors. When they ask what it does I tell them, "It is supposed to help with agro." They rarely click it off.
Bariag_Stromm
Ranger

Postby Fufinski » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:53 pm

Not sure if people know this so may as well mention it. If you have someone out of group targeted or a mob and hit shared camo it will only camo you, while if you have someone in group targeted including self it will do the whole group. Handy for when you just want to camo self, also a pain when you dont realise and think you did the group :D
Upstart Ranger

Dark Templars

80 Ranger of Xegony

My Stuff
Fufinski
Outrider

Previous

Return to Flaming Arrows